Software Engineer - Engineering Effectiveness
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
As a Software Engineer at Funding Circle you get to...
Architect and develop the next generation of our financial infrastructure platform built on
You’ve been there and done this…
- Software engineering, architecture and working on collaborative teams in developing robust & scalable systems.
- Programming experience in languages such
as:Clojure, Go, Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Scala
- Hands-on coding skills and experience with coding best practices and guidelines.
- Experience in collaborating with product teams and The Business, ensuring code quality and iterative lean delivery.
- Experience with a variety of distributed systems (such as Kafka), stream processing and building business critical, highly scalable, fault-tolerant software.
It would be great if you also have…
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, particularly finance.
- Familiarity with Docker, Mesos, and/or experience with distributed database systems.
- Github or other open source code we can check out.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.