Business Development Manager - Midlands (based remotely)
An exciting and high-performing sales channel, our Broker Team needs an accomplished BDM to build out our presence in the Midlands. To drive the growth of our broker network, you will be a self-starting hunter with a keen eye for untapped opportunities.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with a real passion for building, developing and maximising business relationships, and being part of disruptive innovation in financial services. You will be our face-to-market in the Midlands and own it as a region, developing and implementing a strategy to establish and nurture intermediary-referred SME borrowers.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help SME businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward – we’ve helped small business contribute £4 billion to the global economy so far.
What will you be responsible for?
- Building Funding Circle’s presence in the Midlands with local business networks, leading to the acquisition of borrowers through established commercial finance brokers, accountants and business coach contacts with support from the Regional Manager in the South
- Searching for, acquiring and building new relationships with relevant business contacts including accountants, business coaches and brokers both by face to face, telephone, LinkedIn and email
- Helping to develop and implement the team acquisition strategy (incl. which relationships and networks to target, in what order, and how, and assist with campaign/event planning)
- Partnering with a Broker Account Manager to track introduced loan applications and to assist with general analysis/reporting on business network activity on a weekly and monthly basis
- Working remotely, you will adapt a flexible working style, including travel, focusing on the Midlands. There will also be occasional trips to our offices in London for training and team building events.
What will you bring to the role?
- Proven and extensive business development/sales experience as a senior member of the team
- Excellent relationship building and written and oral communication ability (ability to lead and control a phone discussion/negotiation/closing to ensure efficiency)
- Dedicated approach and self-starter, with a high level of working autonomously
- Ability to work towards KPIs, hit and exceed sales targets
- Both a hunter and farmer, with an appetite to build something long-lasting from the start
- Experience working with bank relationship managers or brokerages with access to SMEs
- Presence of an existing network of business contacts an advantage
- Located in the Midlands area would be highly advantageous
- Experience explaining complex products or services to businesses and introducers
- Strong presentation and organisational skills, with a flexible attitude towards working hours and UK travel
Why join Funding Circle?
Manning the front line, you are the face of Funding Circle in your region and beyond. You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage ambition and initiative and champions working smart, working together and living the adventure.
We offer a range of attractive benefits and a competitive salary package including uncapped, performance based bonus
(+ expenses budget, mileage, private health insurance, life assurance, 25 days holidays etc.)
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.