Salary - Competitive plus benefits
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: To revolutionize the outdated banking system and secure a better deal for everyone.
Thousands of loans later, we’ve helped businesses expand, investors prosper and the economy grow.
Our mission: to build a better financial world
We help small businesses around the world get the funding they need to thrive by connecting them with investors.
How? By fusing finance and technology, we have created the world’s leading lending platform for small business finance.
We are supporting entrepreneurs and creating thousands of jobs along the way (over 80,000 to be exact!) In fact, since we were established in 2010, we have helped over 37,000 businesses grow by lending over 3.8 billion and counting.
Funding Circle has grown too and now have offices in San Francisco, Amsterdam, Berlin and London with over 850 employees. We think big, and if you do too, then get in touch today!
As a Data Engineer you will be…
- Working within the team to develop a truly scalable data warehouse within the AWS environment
- Using Clojure and Python but also working with the streaming platform Apache Kafka for building out data pipelines
- Using dimensional fact models (Kimball modelling) to give a bespoke business user experience.
- Develop comprehensive ETL workflows
- Conducting rigorous testing using Jenkins and Circle CI
- Have ownership on your own projects and adhering to use of an agile way of working.
- Working on projects that support the business in product improvement, growth engineering in order to facilitate more efficient marketing analysis and improvement of our risk models using machine learning.
- You will work with everyone from both commercial and technical teams to understand and agree on the best way forward.
- Communicate technical initiatives to non-technical business users in a clear and concise way.
- Prioritising engineering decisions to juggle both urgent projects, whilst also planning longer term projects.
- Take pride and ownership in the quality of the work you produce, and offer improvements where possible.
- Significant experience in a Software Engineering or Data Engineering role.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL
- Strong programming skills with Python, Clojure or similar functional languages
- Use of AWS stack including EMR, Lambda & EC2.
- Proficiency using large data sets and relational and dimensional modelling.
- Expertise in a Unix environment.
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms like Kafka, RabbitMQ or JMS
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a start-up environment
As an equal opportunities employer we do not discriminate on age, gender, religion, nationality, gender expression, disability or anything else that makes you who you are.