Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Funding Circle is looking for a Data Scientist to work on high impact projects within its dynamic Customer Analytics team.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team. This role will look to support how we acquire customers from our prospective and lead business base through optimising direct marketing channels. This is a strategic role that sits at the heart of value creation, utilising leading edge analytics and turning data into long term competitive advantages.
- Extract meaningful business insights from data, and leverage predictive models to create decision strategies that will optimise business performance.
- Learn and understand business needs and define analytical frameworks to facilitate problem-solving
- Recommend optimal business strategies based on historical performance, predictive analytics and scenario analysis and implement these in market with cross-functional teams
- Find and apply robust statistical techniques to improve A/B testing from test design to analysis of results.
- Identify the best modelling techniques (such as machine learning, regression, tree-based) to solve business problems and partner with the tech team to implement these algorithms into production environments
- Desire to learn from others and a desire to bring something new to the team so we can learn from you too!
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Exceptional analytical skills with previous commercial experience within a digital analytics role, with experience of working with vast datasets to drive business results through reporting, and statistical modelling / machine learning
- Skilled with analytical tools and machine learning experience: Python, SQL, Tableau and an understanding of statistical testing approaches and how to interpret and present monitoring and statistical testing results.
- Excellent ability to translate complex analytical outputs into clear, simple and actionable stories and the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Aligned with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership, Discounts at other retailers through perks at work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.