Senior Data Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within “Data Engineering” part of our “Tech and Data” organisation.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join us as we are adopting a data products approach to serving the data needs of the business and scaling our data ecosystem to enable the next generation of data-driven decisions at Funding Circle.
You will join the cross-functional data engineering team, a group of data and analytics engineers from diverse backgrounds who leverage the latest technologies to build robust and user-friendly data products. Our goal is to build centrally-managed data products focused on business outcomes and to enable our analytics, data science, and operational teams to create and manage their own data products.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm for looking at the data holistically and working on elegant designs for data solutions, and yet passionate about wrangling data pipelines, solving data puzzles, and collaborating with analysts and data scientists.
- Promote software development approach to the data
- Produce technical scope for data products to automate the provision of data, data validation, testing and monitoring for analytics and data science workflows
- Work in short development cycles and with high deployment frequency to incrementally deliver data products, from data ingestion and transformation to dashboards, reports, and BI and ML pipelines.
- Play a key role in technical design and ongoing development of templates, reference code examples, and code libraries for data products ETLs, and analytics and machine learning pipelines.
- Be the point of contact for the data platform team to identify and drive scaling and efficiency improvements for data tooling.
- Work with data product managers and stakeholder teams to ensure that the right tooling/solution is used for the right problem.
- Be an advocate for the use of engineering best practices
- Knowledgeable about cloud computing and infrastructure
- A strong programmer with skills in Python ideally
- A very fluent and fast SQL developer
- A confident dashboard creator with a dashboards-as-a-code mentality
- Technically skilled with architectural design experience
- User of software development best practices including CI/CD, observability, cost optimisation, security and more
- Able to discuss both technical and business concepts with people in different roles within the company
- Care about user experience for data consumers
- Believe in the potential of data to drive better business outcomes
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership, Discounts at other retailers through perks at work.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.