Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Product team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The UK Product Team is seeking a talented Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. The ideal candidate will have expertise in user-centered design, and knowledge of product design & prototyping. You will be responsible for all stages of design for Funding Circle customers, and enjoy working with stakeholders, engineers and product managers to create simple solutions that solve complex problems for the user.
- Gathering user and business requirements for design briefs
- Design UI, site flows, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes for all screen sizes
- Complete designs iteratively that meet business goals and requirements while maintaining and thoughtfully refining design patterns and UI standards.
- Presenting the stages of the design development process to stakeholders
- Manage the process and handover your designs to engineering and product development teams
- Ensuring designs comply with web standards, the law and equal opportunities policies
- Perpetually demonstrate expertise in UI/UX design both in discussion and practice.
- Design and manage style guidelines
- Be involved in running usability studies on your work and collaborating on early UX research
- Extensively experienced in designing engaging user experiences across multiple devices and platforms, with a detailed understanding of design best practices and industry design patterns.
- Sensitive to user experience, strong user intuition with the desire to test those assumptions.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to direct and establish best practices within the team and to present your findings and reasons behind your design decisions & concepts.
- Adept of the latest device/platform/browser limitations and capabilities.
- Experienced working within design systems
Nice to have
- Fluent in using creative and prototyping tools, such as Figma, InVision, Adobe CC and Principle.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.