Software Engineer - Android
We are looking for great Android engineers to join us in building cutting-edge apps, taking on new challenges, and embracing the responsibility of being part of a largely autonomous, small team.
The mobile team is a close-knit team with real product ownership that makes decisions quickly. We have recently launched our investor app and have an ambitious roadmap for it - a key channel for our investors to monitor and add to their portfolio.
Whatever level you are, we are serious about helping you grow in your career. We actively encourage you to attend meetups, workshops, and conferences.
- Relish this unique opportunity to define and drive the future of our Android app
- Contribute with creative ways of pushing the boundaries of our product
- Work closely with our design, product, and backend teams to deliver unique experiences on Android
- Participate in the technical planning and implementation of new features and capabilities
- Collaborate in our process of delivering rock-solid, high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Participate in strong unit testing and continuous integration processes. We take automated testing very seriously!
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, open-source frameworks, architectural patterns, best practices... understanding the benefits and limitations that each provides
- Passionate about revolutionising the investment experience through mobile
- Fluent with Kotlin and the Android SDK (Java is great, but our codebase is 100% Kotlin).
- Aware of cutting-edge Android technologies (e.g. Fingerprint Authentication, Runtime Permissions), frameworks (e.g. RxAndroid, Retrofit, Espresso, Spek), common architectural patterns (e.g. MVP, MVVM) and Android architecture components (LiveData, ViewModel)
- Happy to work with UI / UX designers to produce great user experiences
- Excited about pair programming and TDD, understanding the benefits and with experience of overcoming the challenges.
- Experience in mentoring and teaching other team members
- Passionate about Android and Mobile
- Friendly and easy to work with - we work closely together as a team
Don’t tick all the boxes?
That’s fine! We do not expect you to tick all the items
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.