Data Governance Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
Data is core to our mission at Funding Circle to build a better financial world. We are looking for a Data Governance Manager to work as part of our data team.
We firmly believe that data is our key asset and that everyone across the organisation has a part to play in making sure that the quality is high so we can support our customers. The person taking this role will utilise the enthusiasm of the Funding Circle team to better understand our data: where it comes from, how it is used and its quality.
The Data Governance Manager will:
- Build strong relationships with data stakeholders to drive policy adoption and ensure requirements are consistently met.
- Help implement the data governance organisational model. Build support from teams across the business and secure endorsement from executive leadership.
- Work collaboratively with the business to build a culture where the value of data is recognised and leveraged. Facilitate enablement activity through communications and training.
- Act as a champion for data quality, raising awareness of data controls and help the business unlock the value of data. Engage with teams across FC to guide on what well governed and managed data looks like.
- Understand our key data areas - what is critical to the business and how is it used
- Build out the frameworks to measure the quality of our data - develop the measures, dashboards and tracking needed to understand and communicate quality
- Collaborate with relevant teams to embed roles and responsibilities related to data, and verify that accountabilities for ownership and stewardship are understood across business teams for effective data management.
- Own the framework for the measurement, management and improvement of the quality of data within Funding Circle. Deliver a consolidated view of data quality and improve capabilities and controls throughout the organisation. Provide expertise on the effective use of data quality tools, data assets and artefacts. Implement consistent processes to identify, triage, risk assess data quality issues and provide leadership on remediation.
- Define and monitor data governance KPIs to track governance implementation, by coordinating input from across business areas to deliver consolidated dashboards, reporting and visualisations.
- Support adherence to the existing data policies and alignment with standards and processes.
- Work across data, product, engineering and business teams to drive up the quality and consistency of our data assets by ensuring that metadata is correctly captured. Work with colleagues to ensure that lineage of critical data is mapped.
- Build up a library of assets that accurately describe our business through its data - processes, system sources etc.
- Consult on GDPR matters and ensure that the relevant regulatory requirements are met. Conduct periodic reviews of existing GDPR processes to ensure continued alignment.
- Provide updates to the relevant management committees on progress
- Experienced in data governance frameworks within financial services organisations, ideally experienced in setting up and running a data governance team
- Subject matter expert able to explain and bring teams on board with why quality matters and what it means
- Knowledge of data governance architecture, tools and solutions
- A strong influencer - set direction and be able to persuade people to make change
- Experience of GDPR and understanding of the business processes necessary to meet and maintain compliance.
- Be able to articulate the value of data improvements in a commercial way
- Set, inspire and deliver on a vision for data governance through building collaborative and constructive relationships
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octave – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.