Internal Audit Manager
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
We're looking for an experienced internal audit manager to further develop our capabilities and deliver credible and impactful assurance to support the FC mission.
What will you be doing?
- Develop influential relationships and provide meaningful challenge, insight and support through effective senior-level relationship management;
- Hands on role where you will get experience and exposure across all aspects of the internal audit lifecycle and across a diverse range of senior stakeholders and strategic / operational activities;
- Input to the annual plan, setting the scope and delivering relevant and impactful assurance work;
- Bring best practice, innovation and champion the Internal Audit team as an objective, independent and value-adding business partner;
- Prepare compelling and impactful reports for business stakeholders and the Board.
- An experienced internal auditor, preferably in the Financial Services sector
- Ready to bring your skills and experience of assuring key operational & thematic processes and controls, ideally in a financial services or fintech environment, to make a real difference
- Comfortable dealing with a range of colleagues to senior levels, with excellent communication (both written and verbal) and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to build and maintain senior-level relationships that balance support and insight with constructive challenge
- Able to effectively project manage the end to end audit lifecycle, demonstrating a strong understanding of business processes, risks and controls, with excellent attention to detail and strong focus on the quality of deliverables, with in-depth knowledge of audit methodologies and analytical skills
- Enthusiastic, passionate and self-motivated in using expertise to help support and deliver organisational strategic priorities
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.