Engineering Manager (SRE)
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for people who feel the same.
We help drive an SRE culture with the engineers we work with and provide tooling to enable engineering teams to go faster and improve their operational excellence. The SRE team also provides expert opinion on the infrastructure design, build, integration, release, deployment and hosting operations.
What you will be doing?
This role will manage a team of SRE’s, working collaboratively alongside peers within the Data & Platform team, and the colleagues within the wider organisation.
- Working with Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Principal Engineers to ensure SRE’s are deployed into teams at the right time with a clear scope of work
- Push for SRE practises within the teams and ensuring our strategies are adopted across engineering
- Serve as local point of contact to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams
- Managing vendor relationships serving as a point of contact for issues and escalations
- A motivating, empowering and inspirational technology leader with a passion for bringing out the best in teams.
- Able to look ‘inside’ at very technical components of the team, as well as communicate these in digestible language for stakeholders outside the team.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion and understand its importance within your role as a leader.
- Of deep understanding on performance impact of distributed architecture system’s
- Experienced in leading and managing technical teams (e.g. DevOps / Site Reliability, Platform)
- Experienced deploying to AWS with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experienced with containerisation and schedulers such as Kubernetes and EKS
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.