Internal Communications Manager
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within “Corporate Functions”. The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win.
We are looking for...
An experienced Internal Communications Manager to further build Funding Circle’s culture and Circler engagement. This person will sit in the fun and fast-paced Communications & Policy team.
- Drive internal communications including strategy and messaging for new initiatives and change management.
- Set best practice for communicating business information within and across teams, and ensure internal messages are consistent across channels / teams, and with external communication messages.
- Improve upon existing internal communications activity and channels, including regular content creation for newsletters, videos and all-hand meetings.
- Handle the internal communication response to any issues that may affect perception and reputation.
- Work closely with the Europe Managing Director, leadership team, People and Workplace teams, and network of internal culture / activity teams.
- And more… no one day is the same!
- Previous internal communications experience - ideally within a high-growth company or agency.
- Proficient at developing communication strategies and drafting appropriate messaging, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written skills, able to adapt your writing style for different audiences and channels.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, with the ability to build trust with internal stakeholders and interact / influence at all levels of an organisation.
- Passion for employee engagement.
- Can work quickly and under pressure in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and comfortable with matrix working.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record, or equivalent experience.
Why you should join
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that’s varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that’s built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.