Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Basic + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Engineering @ Funding Circle
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
The Data Engineering Team
The data engineering team are responsible for building a global data platform that allows us to scale rapidly. They build out our data pipelines and they make sure data is organised so that everyone can discover, query and consume valuable data in a quick and easy way.
They are really social team and often do team lunches, drinks and after work activities (and they have some of the best ping pong players in the company for Ping Pong Fight Club!)
As a Data Engineer you will…
- Participate and have a say in the architecture and development of a truly global data platform.
- Design and build scalable and reliable data pipelines using state of the art technologies like Kafka, Spark and Athena
- Evolve our data models and architecture to support our business’ demanding self service needs
- Adhere to an agile way of working and be an advocate of testing, continuous integration, and data quality monitoring.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as risk, analytics, product and more to develop data driven products and tools.
- Take pride and ownership in your work and that of the team
We are looking for these skills…
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems in the data engineering space.
- You can write SQL in your sleep and can write good, clean code in at least one: Python, Clojure, Scala or some other functional programming language.
- You’ve worked in cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience working with large-scale data repositories like data lakes or dimensional data warehouses.
- Major bonus points if you have experience with big data solutions like Spark, Presto/Athena, Redshift, EMR
- Bonus points for having skills dealing with streaming data using tools like Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a fast growing fintech company.
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Your choice to work with a Mac or a PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meetups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.