Junior Software Engineer - Platform
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In 2017 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy
Engineering at Funding Circle
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
We’re focused on building out a new, future proof, platform to support the ‘originations’ domain of our business - which means the platform that all our Borrowers will use across the globe to apply for Funding Circle loans. It requires us to care about the rapid future growth of Funding Circle and competing with an increasingly competitive market space, so the scale of our challenge is huge!
We value having small, nimble, autonomous teams that are highly-aligned to our business problems, so, it’s pretty fast-paced and impactful work with myriad of technical challenges.
At the moment we have three teams that work closely with our Risk and Customer Analytic teams plus the Loan Operations teams to build a solid, fast and scalable Borrower pipeline to whisk Borrowers from applying for a loan to listing the loan on our Marketplace.
The tech we use:
- A Kafka Backbone
- Apps written in Clojure
We are looking for these skills...
- Excited to learn from some great engineers
- Knowledge of Computer Science Fundamentals/Concepts
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.