Senior Scrum Master - Originations
Competitive + benefits + stock
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just nine years, 90,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Would you describe yourself as a pro-active, seasoned, tactical, and pragmatic Scrum Master who thrives on helping teams delivering business outcomes? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team. We’re looking for a Scrum Master to support our Global Delivery Team. We are a group of creative and ambitious individuals whose bread and butter is delivering great products, solving business problems, learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
Bird’s eye view of the role:
- Support and mentor other scrum masters and coach other roles on agile practices to build strong and effective Agility within Product Engineering and business.
- Be a servant-leader: as the Scrum Master you will use agile and lean principles to support the team in achieving successful delivery and delighting customers.
- Help the team to understand their team goals and desired outcomes and how the team can meet them, through the agile, iterative development, sharing demonstrable software on regular cadence.
- Strive to build autonomous, cross functional, self organised and high performing teams
- Understands product planning in an empirical environment, helping the team plan, forecast and track their progress to achieve their outcomes and deliveries
- You'll be the protector of the team while encouraging greater levels of team maturity.
- Help Product Owner to ensure that goals, scope and product domain are understood by everyone in the team and assist with product backlog management to maximise value.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a Scrum Master who truly believes in the principles of Agile; not just the processes.
- Has knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques
- Has a personal passion for continuous learning, innovation and best practice
- Is relentlessly pro-active in unblocking their team(s)
- Has a technical background; ideally as a developer
- Leads teams towards self-organisation, to predictably deliver and continuously improve
- Can demonstrate ability to facilitate estimation and prioritisation and to handle multiple conflicting requirements
- Has experience in product delivery using a broad cross-section of Agile and XP practices
Brownie points for:
- Experience working in a data and/or data warehousing environment
- Experience working in financial services or other highly regulated industry
- Demonstrable experience with Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, LESS and another Agile methodologies
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the company’s success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company-wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.