Product Manager - Core Services
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance! We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly business owners who want to grow their businesses with investors wanting attractive returns. We have 90,000 investors who to date have lent £7 billion to 68,000 businesses across the world. In 2018 alone lending through our platform created and sustained 115,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy.
As a Product Manager, you will work with your engineering team to create solutions that delight borrowers and investors alike, and that maximise the efficiency and audibility of the platform for our internal customers.
To do this you will:
- Become the subject matter expert in the core services domain
- Understand and form the vision of what the platform needs to achieve.
- Determine how the platform will work at a global and local level
- Own the roadmap and manage your team’s backlog - writing, refining and prioritising stories
- Make decisions on scope to deliver value in small increments as quickly as possible
- Manage relationships with stakeholders – be the go-to person, enable fast decision-making
- Be accountable for the platform in its day to day operation
You have experience in and enjoy the following:
- Understanding problems and finding solutions
- Bringing clarity and simplicity to complex and ambiguous environments
- Excited about solving the technical challenges with large-scale financial systems
- Experience managing agile engineering teams
- A mindset geared towards data modelling and analytics
- Working with engineers and understanding the technical and data concepts they deal with
- Owning product development through it’s lifecycle, particularly requirement and design phases
Not essential, but it would be interesting if you’ve also had:
- Prior experience in accounting, financial services or loan servicing
- Genuine interest in finance and especially debt markets
- Experience working on a global project
- Engineering or Computer Science degree, or relevant experience