Sales Team Manager - Direct Channel
Cultivating success in our Borrower Sales Team is the key to Funding Circle unleashing our potential as a dynamic, market-changing business and we are searching for an inspiring Team Manager to help make this happen.
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help SME businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward – we’ve helped small business contribute £4 billion to the global economy so far.
You will work closely with your team of Account Managers to drive their performance and hone skills as they speak to these SME business owners that have engaged with Funding Circle and looking to grow. A full-time manager, your interest in creating a high-performing team will see you take an active role in mentoring and coaching a diverse mix of direct reports, from fresh graduates to more experienced telesales professionals.
What will you be responsible for?
- Setting weekly targets with Account Managers that will reach their monthly goals, and tracking performance against these targets.
- Motivating and energising the team to achieve targets.
- Providing team members with regular feedback and holding 1:1s, KPI reviews and call shadowing sessions.
- Coaching Account Managers to help them hit targets and develop their sales skills.
- Setting clear objectives for individuals within the team, both short term and long term.
- Leading the implementation of improvements to the sales process.
- Contributing to the Direct Sales team strategy.
- Being a leader and displaying leadership qualities consistent with FC sales DNA.
What will you bring to the role?
It is important you are:
- Able to connect easily with others and demonstrate natural interpersonal & leadership skills
- You will have proven experience in a sales environment, working with a complex product
- Experience as a Team Leader/Manager (ideally 6-12 months in this type of role)
- You understand how to coach and mentor sales people, including juniors/graduates
- Motivated by success in numbers, and inspire your team to achieve your targets
- Outstanding time management skills and proficiency at multitasking
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
- Able to quickly analyse and interpret KPIs
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Excited by change and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Proactive and eager to bring new ideas to drive the performance of your team
It would be advantageous if you have:
- A passion about working in an innovative area of finance
- Knowledge or interest in the finance industry
Why join Funding Circle?
You will join a hard-working and most importantly FUN team where we encourage everyone to expand their knowledge and strive for improvement. There are excellent opportunities for progression and we will support you to excel through regular coaching and development.
Walk into an office that champions working smart, working together and living the adventure - and of course free coffee!
We offer a performance led bonus culture and a range of attractive benefits - both social and practical.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.