Junior Engineer - UK Core Loans
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Working in an agile team, regularly pairing with bright engineers
- Becoming part of the up-and-coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technology-intensive companies in the industry
- Writing applications that are the backbone of Funding Circle business, like managing the loan lifecycle
- Being part of a team that works together to design, code, test and support solutions. Your voice will be heard at all stages of software development
- Delivering innovation through software to automate processes that enable Funding Circle to operate at scale
- Working with the latest technologies in Event-Driven Architecture, Kafka, functional programming languages, AWS systems and infrastructure and more
- See your work in production delivering benefits to our customers around the world and to Funding Circle
This roles requires someone who has:
- Pair programming mindset
- Ability to demonstrate a keen attitude to learning fast from some great engineers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures and solving problems collaboratively
- Is Enthusiastic to understand our business
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners, to us and to you.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.