Deputy Company Secretary
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £15.2 billion to 135,000 small business owners. In 2022, lending through Funding Circle’s UK platform helped generate £6.9 billion in GDP while creating and sustaining 106,000 jobs. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
An exciting opportunity for a proactive and experienced deputy company secretary to join a leading listed fintech company. We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the UK listed plc regulatory environment and is passionate about corporate governance. The role will be part of an established legal and company secretarial team, reporting directly into the General Counsel and Company Secretary, and provides the opportunity to make an impact from day one.
● Ensuring the Group continues to comply with its obligations under the Listing Rules, DTR, Corporate Governance Code, company law and all other relevant guidelines
● Supporting the Board and its Committees, including acting as Secretary to a number of Committees, agenda planning and attending and minuting meetings
● Contributing to the production of the Annual Report and Accounts, including ownership of the governance section of the Annual Report
● Management responsibility for a Assistant Company Secretary
● Overseeing the project management of the AGM, including drafting key documents and ensuring compliance with all legal requirements
● Supporting the Group’s ESG Framework and helping to shape the ESG policy, in conjunction with the ESG Project Manager
● Ensuring compliance with MAR and drafting market announcements
● Managing the operation of the Company’s share schemes alongside the Reward function, including liaising with registrars and trustees of the employee share schemes.
● Facilitating Board succession planning and induction and providing training to directors and senior executives on MAR and corporate governance matters
● Designing and implementing governance policies and structures across the Group
● Point of contact for governance related queries, including incorporations, disposals, capital contributions and change in business structures.
● CGI/ICSA qualified company secretary or lawyer with experience working in a listed company
● Confident stakeholder management and experience of working with Board/C-Suite executives
● Ability to influence people and implement new processes and procedures
● Ability to take ownership and drive projects forward
● Ability to design and implement new ways of working, based on company secretarial and corporate governance best practice
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit!
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning allowance AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.