Senior Information Security Engineer - Career Comeback opportunity
Funding Circle is excited to launch its very first Career Comeback opportunity! The purpose of this is to support talented professionals in re-joining the workplace after an extended career break.
Are you in search of some guidance, support, and knowledge to really help you go further?
Funding Circle is here to offer that, and help you regain traction within the workplace. We believe everyone is made to do more, and that’s why we are launching this scheme across different areas of our business.
You are a good fit for our opportunity if you:
- Have been on a career break for approximately 6 months to 2 years
- Would like to return to work on a full-time basis
- You are a good fit with our values (Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure, Make It Happen, Think Smart)
- You have past experience and skills that match the opportunity you are applying for
- Can provide evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom
About the Role:
- Coordinate with development, infrastructure, and IT teams to produce systems that are inherently secure
- Find security vulnerabilities in our infrastructure, raise them with the affected teams, and advise them on how best to mitigate them
- Onboard, tune and manage security tools to increase responsiveness and visibility
- Train development, infrastructure, and IT teams on security best practices
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Manage penetration testing engagements on our infrastructure
- Professional experience in an infrastructure security role, or a role that works closely with infrastructure security
- Familiarity with various forms of encryption and hashing, and their appropriate use cases
- Hands-on experience in IaaS (preferably Amazon Web Services), including Identity and Access Management roles
- Experience with infrastructure threat modeling and secure design
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top Ten
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with other technical teams paired with excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
In addition, you will receive:
- An opportunity to join a first-class team on a full-time basis from day one!
- A buddy to help navigate your way in and around Funding Circle.
- Real-time on the job training across our tech stack and products. We care about your development as you rise through your career at FC!
- Eligibility to our full compensation and benefits program just like all of our full-time employees - you are one of us!
- A great working atmosphere with lots of opportunities to bond with colleagues at regular social and volunteering events.
- Flat hierarchies and a strong team spirit - our talented, diverse team values passion and drive above hierarchies and loves to celebrate success.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.