Service Desk Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £15.2 billion to 135,000 small business owners. In 2022, lending through Funding Circle’s UK platform helped generate £6.9 billion in GDP while creating and sustaining 106,000 jobs. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the IT Corp team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
Would you describe yourself as a resourceful, detail-oriented, and patient individual who enjoys working with a variety of stakeholders and forging bonds within a community? If your answer is yes, you may be what we are looking for.
Funding Circle is looking for a customer focussed, efficiency-driven Service Desk Engineer who is able to innovate, can think on their feet and can collaborate effectively across multiple teams. The Service Desk team is planning to further develop the JIRA platform and the successful candidate will be a key contributor to these improvements.
The role will involve close collaboration with many internal Funding Circle teams, including Client Platform, IT Infrastructure, InfoSec and Workplace Services. You’ll be providing technical input and support across a variety of programmes of work.
- Providing excellent customer service to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Supporting employees with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Providing IT support and systems administration as an escalation point for the 1st line engineers ensuring safe and secure, cost effective IT
- Assisting with the daily tasks of the IT service desk and Infrastructure team
- Contributing to the Service Desk continual service improvement plan
- Generating reports on Service Desk activity for the Global IT Manager
- Professionally experienced in a similar support role
- Demonstrable skills in G-Suite administration, JIRA & Confluence administration/development
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Active Directory as well as Okta or other SSO
- Experienced with centralised management tools/Endpoint management (e.g. Jamf Pro, PDQ or similar, MS InTune and Autopilot)
- Proficient with printing services, audio visual support and meeting room management
- Adept in Windows 10 and macOS deployment, configuration, patching and troubleshooting
- Competent in building/imaging and configuring equipment and systems to business specifications
- Understanding of wired and wireless LAN networks
Bonus Points for the following:
- Experience in JIRA Server or Cloud, development of Service Desks, Amazon AWS, Google GAM, ITIL 4, and any experience of programming or scripting languages
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
- Learning allowances AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership, Discounts at other retailers through perks at work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.