Credit Strategy Analyst (German and Dutch markets)
Credit Strategy Analyst (German and Dutch market)
Closing date: 04/09/19
Funding Circle was created with one mission: to revolutionise the broken financial system and change small business finance!
We've created the leading online marketplace for small business loans that directly connect credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
Risk and Analytics at Funding Circle
The Risk and Analytics teams play a crucial role to Funding Circle. They ensure our borrowers and investors get what we promise, use data and modelling to provide insights to the rest of the business, control and monitor the risk within our processes ensuring that we always deliver and they help us make data driven decisions to guide our strategy.
The Credit Risk Team
Funding Circle’s Credit Risk team is hugely influential to our overall lending process. They look at measuring our risk, optimising our credit risk funnel and forecasting the performance of our loan portfolios. To do this, they work globally with the credit risk modelling, engineering, data management, capital markets and business operations teams to truly understand our objectives and shape analytical solutions.
As a Credit Strategy Analyst you will...
- Set up Funding Circle’s credit risk strategies for Germany and the Netherlands, with a clear focus on delivering both stable and predictable credit loss performance, as well as business growth.
- Ensure that the pricing of loans is consistent with investors’ targeted returns and expected defaults. Monitor performance and drive change as needed.
- Shape and guide business decisions, by carrying out ad-hoc analysis, and providing credit risk insights and recommendations
- See projects right through to completion, by leading on the implementation efforts and developing testing & ongoing monitoring plans
- Work together with the operational and marketing teams to see through the execution of strategies under a controlled framework
Required skills and experience:
- Proven previous experience working in a Credit Risk strategy team, focused on either the German or Dutch market (required)
- Experience working within small business/ SME lending environment
- Proven problem solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Proficient with at least one programming language (R, SAS, Python)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- At least working knowledge of SQL
- Academic background within STEM based subject (quantitative field)
- Educated to Masters level in Economics, Finance or other relevant topic
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.