Graduate Data Scientist - Modelling (Sept 2023)
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our Decision Science modelling team. The person selected to fill this role would be responsible for:
- Complete two rotations (approximately 12 months each) in our Decision Science, Model Validation and Credit Risk teams
- Work directly with our senior managers to learn the skills, techniques and best practices needed to create and/or validate our industry leading models, and what could go wrong if these are not followed correctly
- Understand our cutting edge technology infrastructure, and work with our technology teams to deploy our models into a real time scoring environment
- Complete 2 secondments (of about 1 month each) in other teams within our Risk and Analytics departments to broaden your business knowledge and technical skills
- Use specific tools and languages such as R, Python, SQL and Tableau for reporting and analysis on our AWS data platform
Your contract of employment with Funding Circle will be permanent. Towards the end of the 24 month programme and subject to you meeting any of the programme's requirements, you'll be placed into a role in the team - bearing in mind your personal strengths and preferences as well as team needs
- A recent graduate, or soon will be, with a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a quantitative field or STEM related subject (Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering…)
- Proven in problem-solving using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Passionate about Funding Circle’s mission and values
- Knowledgeable of R, Python or SQL would be highly desirable
- Comfortable working with Excel
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance.
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership, Discounts at other retailers through perks at work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.