Senior Data Engineer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers. The data platform team makes sure that data at Funding Circle is reliable and easily accessible across the company. We leverage the latest technologies and a team of diverse backgrounds to build a data platform to address these challenges. We build tools to help us automate traditional data processing pipelines so that we can build data systems at scale. We also build tools to empower our analysts and data scientists in their day to day work.
What you will be doing?
- Building internal tools and libraries for our engineers and internal customers
- Maintaining and monitoring our AWS data infrastructure
- We love pairing! Whenever you wish for knowledge sharing or learning between teammates
- Researching and learning new tools and technologies in the data space
- Synchronising with the teams in London, San Francisco, and Bangalore
- Documenting the architecture and decisions made
- Working with our stakeholders to iterate on our data products
- Collaborating with the team to solve architectural challenges
- A great communicator! That connects easily with people and brings a strong positive energy to the table.
- Fired–up to achieve. Passionate about the power of data to drive better business outcomes for our customers.
- Super organised. Someone who knows how to manage their workload, cope with multiple priorities and can organise their days and week effectively
- Quick to learn. You get things quickly, can take on feedback and understand how to explain complex concepts and products to our customers simply
- Good working knowledge of any of the following: SQL, Python, Clojure, Scala
- Looking forward to working in an international team
- We’re interested in meeting people from diverse education backgrounds and this role would suit someone who likes to help others
- You will have worked on one or two of the following: AWS:Glue, Athena, Redshift, Apache Airflow, Kafka, Spark, Terraform.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.