Introducer Support Executive
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Introducer Support team provides a support function to our partnering Brokers in order to process submitted loan applications. It is part of the Funding Circle Introducer Channel and will have day to day interactions with a number of internal teams including our BDE and BDM teams.
What will you be doing?
The role will see you taking on the responsibilities of working directly with a group of assigned Brokers to process loan applications from start to finish. Your interactions with Brokers will see you obtain and check that we have received all required documentation, verbally and in writing discuss the progress of the applications and coordinate with our operations teams to ensure we have everything we need in order for the loan to be released.
Daily tasks will include:
- Both inbound and outbound calls with an assigned group of Brokers to progress applications.
- Report building with your assigned Brokers as you will be interacting with the same group of people.
- Supporting a sales team to hit targets by processing a specified number and value of loans in monthly cycles.
- Processing loan applications through out internal system (salesforce) and corresponding with our operations an underwriting teams to obtain additional information requests that may arise
- Checking validity of received documentation. This will include bank statements, annual accounts and ID’s as well as cross checking received documentation with public filings such as companies house.
- A good communicator, both written and verbally. As well as good at building strong lasting relationships
- Driven to achieve targets and work within set key performance indicators.
- A team player that will work with and support your team to achieve common goals.
- Motivated to work at pace, to tight deadlines, while maintaining an excellent level of accuracy in your work.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.