CQE Manager I-Acupuncture (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Manager I - CQE Acupuncture – Bilingual to join our Clinical Quality Evaluation (CQE) department. This position will render medical necessity review determination of services requested by Acupuncture practitioners.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $69,200.00 to $80,000.00 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Manage the medical necessity review of acupuncture services.
- Performs medical necessity review of requested services from network and non-network Acupuncture practitioners.
- Conduct timely, accurate, and (inter- and intra-) consistent reviews in order to verify and approve medically/clinically necessary and appropriate care and services for our health plan members.
- Effectively communicate rationale for clinical decision making to peers using evidence/outcomes-based principles and professional experience.
- Supports clinical credentialing and medical record review of Network Practitioners as needed.
- Provide clinical investigation of credentialing, MNR, and quality of care issues for presentations to committees as requested.
- Collaborates with senior management and various departments regarding clinical program, policies, and protocol development and implementation.
- Researches and develops clinical content, policies, and protocols in support of the Health Services and other associated departments, as necessary.
- Reviews files in regulatory, accreditation, health plan, and medical group audits as required.
- Conduct outreach calls as assigned.
- Participate in Clinical Quality Administration and Clinical Quality Evaluation workgroups.
- Promote a productive team environment.
- Participate in clinical article review activities as assigned.
- Provide interdepartmental Support to Medical Necessity Administration department as necessary for performance of assigned tasks.
- Work independently, receiving minimal guidance and supervision.
- Professional degree in Acupuncture from accredited college or university required. Additional post graduate degree in same or related field a plus.
- A current, unrestricted license to practice in their health care specialty in California or ability and willingness to obtain a California license as a condition of hire. Occasionally, some other states may also require state-specific licensure. Employees must maintain their license(s) in good standing with all judicial and governing bodies (Required).
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience. Specific experience with medical necessity case review preferred.
- Fluency in English and Korean languages required
- Understanding of Acupuncture practice guidelines and best practices required.
- Working knowledge of managed Acupuncture services is a plus.
- Advanced training or certification in any specialty areas of Acupuncture, health care or quality management, case management, performance improvement, data analysis, and quality initiatives also preferred.
- Must meet ASH clinical credentialing requirements.
- Ability to independently resolve problems or issues related to clinical determinations using good judgment or to escalate problems or issues to supervisor(s) as appropriate.
- Use of computer systems in business application including, but not limited to, 10-key, Outlook, MS-WORD, IHIS, ASHCore, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a peer-clinician resource to assist practitioners to interact more effectively and efficiently within ASH programs and systems.
- Critical evaluation of submitted clinical documentation in order to make medical necessity determinations with the scope of accountabilities.
- Provide clinical decision-making in support of credentialing, quality improvement, quality assurance, and medical necessity verification activities.
- Ability to apply and communicate evidence-based criteria and approved guidelines to specific medical necessity review scenarios and describe clinical rationale consistently and effectively and in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time, able to travel by automobile and air.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.