Survey Research Analyst
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Survey Research Analyst to work with our Health Services department. This position will support the management of survey activities, conduct research and analyze findings from surveys and internal data in support of major company products. This position also includes coordinating with external vendors and internal business owners to collect, process and present findings. Additionally, this position provides technical development of reports and dashboards to communicate findings on a regular basis and support project management activities related to literature research activities.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· This position is responsible for deploying and managing health outcome and satisfaction survey methods, analytics, and reporting in support of ASH products.
· The position supports the development, management and analysis of customer satisfaction and observational outcomes surveys including mail and on-line administrative methods.
· Position is also responsible for managing data, creating dashboards, reports and presentations that summarize the services companies purchase as well as internal performance metrics.
· Provides support to all Health Services outcome related activities.
· Interfaces with internal departments to extract data and information necessary to perform duties.
· Manages aspects of the company relationship with external vendors who provide support for research and survey activities.
· Presents survey findings at relevant committee meetings (or external meetings, as requested).
· Attends internal meetings and work groups to obtain information, as requested.
· Supports quality improvement activities related to outcomes and satisfaction survey processes.
· Coordinates and manages project activities in coordination with other Analytics staff as assigned.
· Record keeping of survey response rates and tracking of mail returns.
· Data entry, including but not limited to, scanning and manual keying of data.
· Uploading of sample files to desktop survey program.
· Initiating online survey fielding for weekly/monthly projects.
· Downloading/exporting online survey data files for weekly/monthly projects.
· Supports audits and studies as needed.
· Supports Health Services functions of other administrative departments to ensure efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organization.
· Maintain computer and system skills necessary to perform job functions.
· Work together with other departments and external contacts as needed with a positive attitude.
· Participate in work groups as defined by management.
· Support the day to day operations of the department.
· Support company-wide quality improvement (QI) process.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Health or Social Sciences required.
· Requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in survey research training or experience that includes a strong background in quantitative research methodology and statistical analyses.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables), Microsoft PowerPoint, object-based reporting tools like PowerPivot and a statistical software package such as SAS or SPSS. Use of SQL tools and related skills are a plus.
· Proficiency in public health analytics required.
· Excellent time management skills, delivering projects on-time and within budget.
· Ability to work independently.
· Proven ability to present oral presentation and defense of research results in meetings.
· Extremely organized; multitasks with ease, attention to detail on every level.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm, confidence and an optimistic outlook; positive attitude demonstrated in all interactions.
· Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communication, presentation and project management skills.
· Proficient use of creating surveys using an on-line survey system like Survey Monkey or Snap Surveys.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.