Social Media Specialist (Hybrid Remote)
American Specialty Health is seeking a Social Media Specialist to work with our Marketing department. This position will play a critical role in developing and executing our corporate and product social media strategy. Responsibilities include managing and growing existing social media channels in support of our company’s business and employee engagement goals, following social media trends, and recommending social strategies to support our campaigns. Our social media channels support all ASH product lines, including Active&Fit, Silver&Fit, and ASH corporate channels.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $62,400 to $69,200 Full-Time Annual Salary Range
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
- Serves as a community administrator for assigned ASH Companies social brands, ensuring quality content, rapid community response, and ongoing data collection and analysis of growth to meet company objectives.
- Works strategically with the Director of Corporate Communications and social media/PR Manager to maintain and grow the ASH social channels and communities through the development and execution of social media strategies and content for assigned ASH Companies brands
- Works collaboratively with other key members of the marketing team and team members from other departments to embed social media into sales, recruiting, PR, branding, and other campaigns that enhance the company brand and engage target audiences
- Works with sales, clients, fitness facilities and others to foster cross-promotional social media opportunities
- Proactively helps to monitor sites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Glass Door, as well as ASH Twitter and Facebook channels for comments or complaints, and works with PR, customer service and HR to coordinate rapid responses in alignment with existing processes and protocols
- Collaborates with digital marketing to collect social media channel data through established reporting protocols, especially as pertains to ASH Fitness activities
- Works collaboratively with the PR, marketing, and business teams to develop and implement creative, engaging, and high-performing social campaigns, such as member testimonial campaigns and contests, to support growth of member and consumer engagement on our social channels
- Keeps abreast of social media trends and recommends innovative ideas, channels, blogs, and opportunities
- Understands paid and sponsored social medial campaigns, including A/B testing of images, headlines, and copy. Has demonstrated ability to use SEO and analytics to prove ROI on social media or to recognize opportunities to grow and develop the ASH social media channels and to maximize our social content
- Responsible for generating, executing, and analyzing social media campaign reports
- Helps to gather info for and maintain the Quarterly Marketing Report for PR/Social
- Works collaboratively with the Senior PR Manager to support PR efforts with social media content across all assigned channels
- Assists internal and external customers with other corporate communications and social media needs as assigned.
- Recruiting: Helps to craft and post content for recruiting events via social media
- Employee events: Supports the needs of HR/events team in providing social media for employee events
- Juggles priorities to assist other team members, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, social media, marketing, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required
- Two years working knowledge of social media channels and their roles and audiences with experience in content development, production, and distribution to channels
- Two years minimum of day-to-day community monitoring of multiple social media channels, to include Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik Tok, and LinkedIn to achieve internal and external business goals; experience with contests, surveys, and other engagement tools
- One year minimum experience including using Facebook Ads Manager and other social media advertising tools, as well as media performance tracking platforms and dashboards to generate reports such as Hootsuite, Facebook Analytics, Google Alerts, Google Analytics
- One year minimum experience with design of imagery supporting social posts using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva or similar tools
- Ability to work in interdepartmental teams and lead out on key objectives
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Familiarity with podcasts, webinars, and other broadcast mediums preferred
- Experience in a consumer-facing fitness- or health-related job a plus
- Capacity to perform successfully in a hybridized work environment requiring independent in-office and remote work
- Ability to adhere to established work schedules and workflow while practicing efficient time management
- Ability to meet deadlines, including those that may require occasional long, unpredictable evening or weekend hours, as well as long-term deadlines that require consistent organization
- Ability to quickly comprehend opportunities for evolving new social media programs
- Ability to present creative ideas to management teams in a confident and persuasive way
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to work positively in cross functional teams; ability to communicate internally with all levels within the organization (executives to line staff) and externally (with vendors, staff, and consultants)
- Demonstrated ability to write creatively and proficiently across various social media platforms, with excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to travel as needed to meet
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.