Sr Coordinator-Compliance (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr Coordinator-Compliance Office to join our Regulatory Strategic Development department. This position will support the company’s Compliance Office initiatives. This includes helping to ensure effectiveness of the company’s Compliance Program by completing related compliance activities within the timeframes specified by law, regulation, contractual requirement and/or management. Note: The individual in this position is not intended to practice law or provide legal advice.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $18.30 to $20.00 Hourly Wage Range.
- Supports RSD and Compliance Office activities by focusing on the following key accountabilities under minimal supervision of Senior Management:
- Assists with the company’s Compliance Risk Assessment and Work Plan process by helping obtain status updates from business owners and close out action items.
- Assists with client and regulatory audit requests, including gathering supporting documentation.
- Assist with the preparation of client attestations for the Compliance Office.
- Performs basic research, analysis, and summarization of compliance issues, as directed by Senior Management.
- Assists with the coordination of departmental projects, as assigned by Senior Management, including ongoing status reports to Senior Management.
- Helps maintain the departmental SharePoint Page by posting updated materials.
- Helps schedule meetings, prepares agendas, and minutes for department and company meetings, as directed by Senior Management.
- Assists with the coordination and documentation of action items and department reports related to assigned projects and meeting coordination.
- Maintains and updates departmental logs, procedures and files as directed by Senior Management.
- Assists with the coordination of Special Investigations Unit, including helping preparing agendas, minutes, action item documentation and SharePoint management, as directed by Senior Management.
- Supports the company’s overall activities by focusing on the following:
- Provides Senior Management with periodic regulatory status updates regarding individual assignments.
- Informs Senior Management of urgent issues.
- Represents the company in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all company information and uses discretion in discussing regulatory compliance issues with internal contacts.
- Maintains computer and system skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Sets up and maintains electronic/paper files.
- Follows department administrative guidelines including, but not limited to, guidelines regarding project tracking and record keeping practices.
- Completes all ASH University training requirements, including required regulatory trainings, as well as ad hoc trainings required by Senior Management, within required timeframes.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, History, Political Science or equivalent degree required. Paralegal or legal secretary/assistant certificate preferred. If equivalent, High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in regulatory compliance or legal department preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel; knowledge of SharePoint preferred; and proficient in use of Internet/Intranet interfaces.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.