Sr Specialist - Member Events (Hybrid, San Diego, CA)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Senior Specialist- Silver&Fit Well-Being Club Events to join our Marketing department. This position will take a lead role as coordinator and concierge of our new virtual Well-Being club in support of our Silver&Fit senior fitness program. Silver&Fit offers fitness benefits, exercise and educational programs, and virtual events on behalf of our health plan clients for our senior population. Our Well-Being Club Senior Specialist will cross-collaborate to build a calendar of relevant events for our members, secure engaging educational and fun events, coordinate delivery via online meeting platform, and lead communication initiatives to invite and engage members. Be prepared to emcee virtual events, facilitate live Q&A sessions, and act as a virtual concierge for the club. This position is part of our award-winning in-house creative agency, Engage! Creative Group and will work closely with our fitness and educational experts to ensure appropriate and engaging event options, which may include podcasts with our experts or live streaming workouts. This position will also work closely with our Silver&Fit operational and website team to ensure flawless delivery of events.
This position will also partner closely with other event specialists to provide backup on event support across ASH as needed.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $48,000 to $68,500.00 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position may be trained virtually or onsite and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed). This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) wear a N95, KN95, or KF94 well-fitting mask while working onsite at an ASH Office.
- Provides support for Silver&Fit Well-Being Club Events.
- Coordinate and execute a calendar of events to support Silver&Fit Well-Being Club activities.
- Support all aspects of planning and logistics for Silver&Fit Well-Being Club virtual events including stakeholder communications, loading of events into events platform, event research, invitations and other communications, RSVPs, giveaways, and event wrap up, as needed.
- Identify and secure variety of appropriate virtual events to support calendar based on data from previous month’s events.
- Work with client event specialist to produce and moderate client social events, workouts, and educational classes.
- Partner with key ASH business owners and subject matter experts for workouts and educational classes
- Manage delivery of virtual event, including emcee role and facilitating live Q&A as appropriate
- Manage the allotted budget for Well-Being events including budget review, requesting new budget for each budget year.
- Manage agreements with vendors, payments, waivers.
- Partner with Fitness Operations and UX teams on execution of club events to ensure client satisfaction.
- Support other fitness events as needed.
- Provides additional event support to department as directed by marketing managers.
- Provide monitoring support and commentary during live classes premiering on social media channels.
- Troubleshoot issues with videos, notify social media team of inappropriate comments, and relevant information regarding the classes.
- Update workout videos with links to other workout videos and website.
- For assigned in-person events, coordinate the food and beverage, audio visual, communications and other logistics as needed, for marketing department functions.
- Support manager, client events, corporate events, and VP Marketing where needed, in maintaining an up-to-date corporate event calendar.
- Partner with Corporate Events team and VP Marketing to provide backup on event support across ASH, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, business administration, or equivalent work experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event planning and management, or project management.
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience in fitness industry.
- Experience with senior population a plus.
- Ability to develop and execute event plans across a category, such as corporate or client events and work with management, executives, and across departments to establish event master schedules.
- Experience delivering engaging virtual events, including playing role of host or emcee.
- Experience with end user customer interaction, e.g., in-person events, customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate internally with all levels within the organization (executives to line staff) and externally (with vendors, staff, and consultants).
- Ability to work independently to adhere to established event plan schedules for assigned projects.
- Ability to create and manage spreadsheets, MS Word mail merge skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility and to other offsite locations; ability to drive and travel by air as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment. Occasional travel may be required to support onsite events.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.