Associate Editorial Specialist (Remote)
American Specialty Health is seeking an Associate Editorial Specialist to join our Consumer Health Information department. This position will research, write, and edit consumer health content for educational materials; websites, newsletters, or other projects as identified; loading completed health content into a content management system (CMS); supporting all quality assurance processes as established by the Consumer Health Information (CHI) team, and undertaking other tasks as assigned to support the needs of the CHI department.
Annual Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $45,000 to $54,995. Annual Wage Range
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Develops health education content for ASH’s personal health improvement programs and ASH websites.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads educational articles, journalism-style feature articles, full-length guidebooks, blog articles, video scripts, newsletter articles, brochures, fliers, social media posts, and other member materials or projects as requested.
- Participates in topic development and project planning.
- Collaborates with members of other departments, including clinicians.
- Tracks projects and tasks as needed.
- Delivers timely and accurate status reports and project updates as needed.
- Performs quality assurance on online content as needed.
- Participates in meetings and work groups as requested by management.
- Supports editorial team in content planning, strategy, and content management system tasks.
- Coordinates, uploads, and manages digital content using a web content management system in support of department and corporate goals and client deliverables.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes problems or potential problems with the uploading of content.
- Ensures CHI team members, clinical staff, and other departments are kept up to date on the status of loading projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field.
- 1 – 3 years of research, writing, and editing experience.
- Proven ability to write well-constructed, consumer-targeted content, writing samples a plus.
- Proven ability to edit for clarity, logical flow, appropriate voice, and grammar; excellent proofreading skills.
- Experience with online bibliographic health research (such as PubMed and MedlinePlus).
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Background in health, wellness, or patient education preferred.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment helpful.
- Familiarity with content management software preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint and Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and content optimization helpful.
- Experience with graphic design software (such as Canva) preferred.
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills, with demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence construction.
- Ability to evaluate clinical studies and other scientific information.
- Ability to follow multi-step directions/processes attentively and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.