American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our Contracts department. This position will provide support to the Contracts department and the in-house legal team, including administrative support, research, and other functions.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma required.
· Minimum five (5) years legal administrative support/management.
· Two or more years of paralegal experience preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
· Provides professional-level administrative support.
· Assists in the drafting and revision of legal documents in accordance with attorneys’ requests and manages key projects for legal department including scheduling document revisions and other priority items.
· Accurately files correspondence and legal documents in electronic document management system.
· Maintains calendar for material deadlines.
· Serves as backup for Contract Management system administration.
· Tracks discovery requests and coordinates production of documents in anticipation of and response to requests.
· Arranges and assists in planned meetings; prepares summaries of meetings and conferences as needed or directed.
· Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
· Keep cases, initiatives, and control processes organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with Legal counsel and related personnel.
· Establish and ensure strong processes and procedures for matter management within the legal, compliance, and regulatory functions.
· Keeps clients, staff, and management informed by maintaining contact; communicating case and initiative progress.
· Project management of various legal, compliance and regulatory initiatives.
· Perform legal and factual research; perform records research.
· Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review. Obtain due diligence materials.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of department manuals, documents, templates.
· Prepare written reports.
· Communicate with outside counsel and opposing party legal offices.
· Perform various administrative functions for Legal counsel and related personnel, including expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting coordination and scheduling.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.