Marketing Associate (Hybrid - San Diego, CA)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Marketing Associate to join our Marketing department. This position will manage high level projects and tasks that support sales and our internal and external strategic partners, as well as provide administrative support to the sales teams.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $23.95 to $28.00 Hourly Wage Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position may be trained virtually or onsite and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed). This position will require occasional onsite office work. ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Provides administrative and specialized support, to sales with the ability to lead out on key projects while collaborating with other departments in order to support the sales team in establishing leads and increasing sales opportunities.
- Oversee and lead specific sales support functions independently, with minimal supervision, including project management, presenting, and reporting as appropriate.
- Working with Sales Management and Marketing to manage and lead Sales conferences including research, memberships, registrations, sponsorships, exhibits, vendor management, shipping, budget management, conference related event coordination, conference support and scheduling, notifications of upcoming conference and calendar planning with regards to all sales conferences.
- Lead on projects as appropriate from start to finish with the ability to present updates and make decisions that support the sales and marketing efforts.
- Lead and manage sales prospecting tools, presenting, and reporting as appropriate.
- Manage and lead Health Fair related events for Sales teams. Assign tasks to Marketing Coordinators and Associates as needed. Manage logs for health fairs, including raffle prizes and fitness kits, and provide reporting to finance to allocate fitness kit costs to appropriate sales budgets.
- Collaborating with Design team to support sales efforts, to include but not limited to research on sales collateral and webinars.
- Collaborates with Marketing team members, Sales, and other departments to ensure our brand for each line of business and the organization as a whole is well represented in the marketplace.
- Assists with managing and updating Sales collateral for all lines of business to ensure marketing material is update to date for current and upcoming sales seasons.
- Works independently with a team mentality of assisting others on the team as needed, understanding when to ask for assistance in order to maintain high quality deliverability of tasks; wanting to learn from others and teach others as opportunities arise.
- Ability to make independent decisions and drives assigned projects you own forward with minimal supervision.
- Develop a general understanding of ASH products, services, and new initiatives in order to best support our sales efforts and effectively communicate to others internally.
- Present project information to Sales, Marketing, and other internal customers when appropriate.
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as directed.
- Provides support to Social Media team monitoring fitness classes on social media channels.
- Provides support and live commentary for social media channels.
- Provide reporting on social media live fitness classes including number of views, organic comments, and relevant information regarding classes.
- Provides sales support to the Sales teams and other strategic partners, both internal and external.
- Trains and mentors Marketing Coordinators as appropriate.
- Acts as secondary support, to Marketing Associate Team, for our sales teams to include offsite and onsite meeting scheduling and coordination, preparation of meeting agendas, managing delivery of materials, organizing presentations, proposals, binders, meeting rooms, conference calls, Teams or WebEx support, demo account support, product and material request orders, and other support as needed.
- Provides support on marketing projects and events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum three years of experience in sales, marketing, or customer service role, this can include college related experience while in school.
- Proficiency in MS Office including experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets, managing an email inbox, sending Outlook meeting requests, and preparing PowerPoint slides.
- Administrative experience in high-volume office environment preferred.
- Experience working with a customer contact management database (such as Microsoft Dynamics) a plus.
- Social Media experience a plus.
- Ability to organize and manage long-term projects and tasks.
- Ability to collaborate and work with other team members and other departments; personable and friendly.
- Good listener with strong customer service mentality; able to identify areas needing efficiency while understanding the organizational environment.
- Good presentation skills with an ability to maintain a professional, positive, and enthusiastic demeanor when communicating with prospects and clients.
- Ability to establish trust and maintain high standards.
- Ability to make well-thought out, independent decisions in order to move tasks forward that are in line with the goal of supporting sales in establishing leads and increasing sales opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Ability to drive and travel by air as needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.