Systems Administrator I
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Systems Administrator I to join our Information Technology Operations department. This position will be responsible for administering, maintaining, and supporting a scalable, highly available, and resilient infrastructure. As well as responding, managing, and maintaining high-quality customer service for escalated support tickets. Also provides input and support for software solution planning, implementation, maintenance, and integration of new and existing systems. This position is a part of the department weekly after-hours on-call service rotation.
- Performs daily systems administration tasks.
- Assists with planning and execution of tasks required for upgrades, migrations, optimizations, and new implementations within a hybrid infrastructure.
- Assists with security configuration, monitoring, and auditing for the infrastructure environment.
- Provides support for internally developed applications
- Performs basic Windows Server system administration
- Assists in performing system adds, moves, and changes
- Changes passwords.
- Grants user permissions.
- Monitors system vulnerability scan reports to identify any needed work and modification to systems and procedures.
- Maintains monthly software and Operating Systems patching
- Assists with designing, creating, testing, and implementing projects and administrative applications.
- Provides support for applications and actively participate in workflow optimization based on department and project demands.
- Grants/Updates user permissions and mailbox access.
- Performs file restores as needed.
- Maintains system configuration images using SCCM for Windows Desktop including laptop, desktop and VDI.
- Remediates any items from monthly patching activities.
- Maintains critical monitoring systems and responds to alerts. Provides constant feedback and assists with continuous enhancements to the monitoring platforms.
- Provides Help Desk escalation support.
- Provides response for a queue of escalated Service Desk tickets and collaborates with other IS team members to troubleshoot and resolve technical support issues.
- Performs other end user technical support as needed.
- Acts as backup support technician as needed.
- Documentation and Reporting.
- Develops, maintains, and organizes documentation around systems, procedures, and processes critical to day-to-day operations and systems design.
- Provides updates as required for audit requests, both internal and external.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator or Service Desk technician.
- Experience with Windows 10 and Windows Server 20XX, Virtual and Physical compute/network environments. Microsoft Certification MTA: Windows Server Administration or MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals preferred.
- Experience with Office 365 suite, Microsoft 365 Certified preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Ability to identify complex problems, involve key parties, gather pertinent data and consider various options in the decision-making process. Skilled at applying problem solving skills in a logical, systematic way to resolve issues.
- Skilled at sharing information in an appropriate and timely manner showing mutual respect and genuinely soliciting the feedback of others. Ability to effectively tailor communications to various audiences including peers, customers and leadership in both written and verbal methods.
- Ability to configure, and troubleshoot Windows servers, Microsoft products, file system permissions, Active Directory / Azure AD accounts.
- Understanding of cyber security best practices.
- Understanding of security principles in a Healthcare organization.
- Demonstrated skills in one or more solutions such as Office 365, VMware, Microsoft SQL, Hyland/Kofax OCR, Microsoft EndPoint Manager (SCCM), Cisco Networking, AWS/Azure, or similar.
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once ASH determines employees can return the office, candidates may be required to work in a local office. Limited visits to the office in person may be required. While onsite, social distancing and masks are required along with adherence to ASH’s Communicable Disease and Pandemic Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Usual office setting. When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
AmericanSpecialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.