Coordinator-Clinical Quality Administration (Hybrid Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Coordinator-CQA to join our Clinical Quality Administration (CQA) department. This position will coordinate and support the processes within the Clinical Quality Administration Department, including provide support to department leadership by ensuring accurate documentation preparation and follow-up; assist with completion of clinical quality initiatives; support with administrative tasks related to actions assigned by various committees and teams. Coordinate other assigned functions within Clinical Quality Administration.
Hourly Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $17.25 to $18.00 Hourly Wage Range
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Assists in management and is accountable for all activities within assigned scope of authority. Ensures accuracy and productivity in project completion and works cooperatively with all internal and external contacts. Achieves and exceeds company standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of documentation and clinical meeting materials according to ASH policy.
- Assists with development of quarterly Clinical Performance Management (CPM) and California Health Plan Assessment (CAHPA) reports.
- Provides administrative support with management of annual review of ASH Group and ASH Plans clinical policies through the Clinical Quality Team.
- Aids in continuous annual review process for all Clinical Services Process and Procedure documents
- Supports Clinical Quality Administration budgeting and preparation of the Practice Review Committee (PRC), Quality Improvement Committee (QIC), Administrative Review Committee (ARC) and Provider Hearing stipends following each meeting.
- Supports the Clinical Quality Administration processes that ensure the integrity and accuracy of documents created and distributed by the department.
- Provides committee support for the Practice Review Committee (PRC):
- Performs administrative tasks related to preparation of files for presentation to clinical committees (copying, redacting, etc.)
- Develops, tracks, and distributes documents in support of committee processes and according to policy.
- Supports development and timely completion of activities requested by clinical committees (e.g., letters, reports, research, follow-up, etc.).
- Ensures timely completion of action items as assigned.
- Assist with Clinical Services Investigation Team (CSIT) Administrative Activities:
- Prepare, send, and log CSIT educational letters.
- Assist in preparation of CSIT reports.
- Perform administrative tasks related to preparation of files for presentation to clinical committees (copying, redacting, etc.).
- Perform other administrative tasks that may arise related to CSIT functions.
- Cross-trained in committee support functions for Clinical Quality Team (CQT), Practice Review Committee (PRC) and Quality Improvement Committee (QIC).
- Support CQA management with quality improvement initiatives, policy documentation, reporting requirements, and project management.
- Prepare standardized, department and individual reports as needed.
- Assist department leadership by researching, developing and creating processes necessary to support projects.
- Develop and report information from tracking systems.
- Write, track and mail or distribute documents as directed by department leadership in support of Clinical Quality Administration activities.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Support accreditation and delegation efforts on behalf of Clinical Quality Administration.
- Contribute to team effort by responding positively to changing circumstances and/or environment.
- Supports mail receipt and mail distribution to CQA, CQE and MNA.
- Supports quality management functions of other administrative departments to ensure efficient and effective teamwork is maintained within the organization.
- College education with degree in Health Care field, health information management or equivalent preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in health care administrative work preferred.
- Committee support including minute taking experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of health care and/or legal terminology preferred.
- Quality Management program coordination and support of documentation for provider-based Committees and experience in data management preferred.
- Use of computer required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Knowledge of ASH preferred.
- Great attention to detail is required in all functions of this position.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, NCQA, and URAC standards preferred.
- Demonstrated English writing proficiency required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility, within region, and nationally by car and plane when needed. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. Ability to travel outside State of California by airplane.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.