Multimedia Designer I
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Multimedia Designer to join our Marketing department. This position will be part of our internal creative agency, Engage! Creative Team responsible for capturing and creating captivating, dynamic video and motion graphics, responsive web and mobile assets, designing & coding, including landing pages, emails, and social media graphics with HTML and CSS, as well as print design. This position is responsible for developing creative video solutions that align with business objectives for a diverse client base, as well as all lines of business and internal departments. This position reports to a Graphic Design Manager/Art Director or Director of Creative Design and works closely with other creative teams to develop and deliver interesting video that tells a compelling story. This role also supports Sales and Marketing outreach efforts in creating integrated multi-channel campaigns for brand awareness and to garner the attention of new business prospects. The qualified candidate plays an integral role within our fast-paced interdisciplinary team to deliver solutions with exceptional creativity and technical knowledge. This position assists with providing peer-to-peer mentorship to junior designers on a daily basis.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Creative Development.
- Develops unique, relevant video and motion graphic solutions for external clients and internal departments, including Sales.
- Captures informal video to support Corporate social events, informal interviews, and on other occasions for use in sales and social media campaigns.
- Collaborates with Creative Design Director, Graphic Design Manager, Marketing Communications teams, and content writers to ensure design solutions and messaging are on brief and consistent with branding guidelines.
- Confers with clients, cross-departmental partners, and external vendors to ensure projects are executed to stated objectives and on time.
- Presents creative solutions, providing rationale and justifications, while keeping business objectives top of mind.
- Provides peer-to-peer mentorship to junior designers.
- Constantly researches creative trends, materials, technology, processes, and competitive landscape.
- Marketing Strategy.
- Supports the development of Sales and Marketing strategies designed to support business objectives and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage – specifically focused on the role that video can play in amplifying our messages at key touchpoints.
- Works across marketing teams (design, content, PR/Social, campaigns) to understand and deliver to internal and external customer needs, including support of our corporate employee engagement vehicles such as ASHCompanies.com and quarterly employee meetings.
- Contributes to the planning and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns to reach target audiences.
- Upholds organizational brand strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, multimedia, digital arts, computer animation, or related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of video capture and production experience.
- Proficiency with design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, XD, Animate, Audition, HTML & CSS, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to create and edit compelling video and motion graphics, such as eBooks, interactive PDFs, storyboards, responsive websites, landing pages, presentations, gif animations, designing and coding web assets, emails, and social media graphics.
- Ability to shoot video for formal and informal interviews and corporate social events for use in sizzle reels and social media.
- Captivating storytelling capabilities through motion/information graphics to create well-balanced combinations of graphics, video, and audio.
- A high degree of attention to detail when managing multiple projects and input from key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills with ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with a wide range of internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills and experience interfacing with clients.
- Positive outlook and attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.