Software Engineer in Test I (Data Quality)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Software Engineer in Test I, Data Quality to work with our Consumer Technology team. This position will Assist in designing software test automation tools. Develop and maintaining software test tools using latest Microsoft technologies. Also designs, develops, publishes, and implements test plans for user end applications, writes and maintains test cases, publishes test results, and defines and tracks quality assurance metrics.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees is ASH’s highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained virtually and must have the capability to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Some positions may require occasional onsite office work when applicable.
- Assists in design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications and test tools.
- Performs routine automation assignments with minimum Manager’s supervision.
- Develops an understanding of assigned automation tools, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Design and develop White-box testing of applications.
- Assist in providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
- Recommends possible improvements in applications.
- Performs code reviews.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Participates in the training or development of others, as directed.
- Maintains familiarity with and uses department methodology as appropriate.
- Monitors and ensures automated processes run as expected. Responsible for remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience on QA best practices for testing data lineage and data quality.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with ETL Design Patterns and Configurations.
- Experience with multidimensional objects (cubes) and/or column store structures.
- Experience with software quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Experience with development and consumption of web services preferred.
- Experience with XSLT, XML, JSON.
- HTTP, HTML/CSS, SQL experience.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as PowerBI, ASP.Net, VB.Net or C#, is a plus but not required.
- Problem solving, analytical, logic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with data warehouse methodologies.
- Familiarity of concepts in data structures, database, and data warehouse design.
- Familiarity of data visualization practices and methods.
- Familiarity of security implementation in databases and BI solutions.
- Strong technical skills in data domain, able to work with multiple platforms.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle using either Agile or SCRUM.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.