Business Intelligence Analyst II (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst II to join our Information Management (IMD) department. This position will develop, implement, and support reporting, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to meet the information needs of the organization and its clients. Provides consulting services to the business users related to the use and management of data. Designs and maintains a library of reports to support client and internal operational needs. Effectively communicates results of analyses. Develops and documents technical specifications. Adhere to high standards of data integrity and reporting timelines.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89,300.00 to $123,420.00 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Manages assigned projects and supports activities of team. Ensures prompt completion of specific deliverables. Ensures accuracy and productivity in project completion and works cooperatively with all internal and external contacts. Analyzes, evaluates, and documents data requests of business stakeholders to understand and prioritize requests appropriately.
- Strong ability to gather requirements and understand and solve for business needs.
- Support client meetings to identify technical needs of reports and establish working relationships with client technical and non-technical teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders to meet business and client information objectives
- Apply strong critical thinking skills by interacting directly with the report requestor and implement the criteria and analysis
- Utilizes strong problem-solving skills when exploring, analyzing, and troubleshooting data and reports.
- Translates user non-technical requirements to existing data sources. Develop and maintain custom reports using T-SQL and Reporting Services as well as standard Microsoft tools such as Excel.
- Develop stored procedures and views to support custom reporting.
- Automates standard and custom reports that cross multiple data domains.
- Maintains assigned report requests, determines resource needs for requests and works with Management to prioritize.
- Develops and maintains report schedules.
- Performs analysis of data sources; designs and develops solutions to ensure data quality.
- Documents business requirements in the form of specifications (operational and technical specifications) and obtains necessary input and approval.
- Develops methods to efficiently transmit reports including web-based tools and standard report based transmissions.
- Produce data in format appropriate to request such as common delimited, CSV format, etc.
- Work with EDI team to post files to internal and external FTP sites.
- Contributes to the business analysis for reporting requirements.
- Maintains a solid working knowledge of business intelligence tools and follows best practices
- Assist in the development of data assets.
- Develop and maintain reporting solutions to support clients and for decision support purposes.
- Migrate reports from multiple solutions to standard reporting toolset.
- Develops automated and scalable data collection and reporting processes.
- Identifies and evaluates recurring database issues, researches trends, and implements solutions.
- Ability to analyze internal team processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement solutions.
- Assist with a variety of other data collection, storage, and reporting processes as needed, which may include: consolidating data from disparate sources, such as Excel, Access, and text files so that they can be integrated into SQL databases.
- Coordinates workflow of department ensuring that productivity, quality, and timeliness standards are met.
- Provides leadership as a reporting expert; participates in interviews and may support new hire onboarding. Supports department functions as they interface with other departments to ensure efficient and effective teamwork within the organization as defined by management.
- Conduct training for team members and end-users when needed.
- Generates and conducts quality review on ad hoc, scheduled reports, and source control pull requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business, or other related quantitative field required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience of SQL report writing with advanced T-SQL skill set or comparable.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive work experience developing reports and advanced work experience with reporting tools such as SSRS or comparable.
- Advanced understanding of relational database architecture and business intelligence.
- Experience with ad-hoc and custom reporting requests.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in a managed health care setting a plus.
- Experience with Tableau and Power BI a plus.
- Experience with agile development/SCRUM a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with ability to communicate effectively and partner with senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives, and ways to partner in order to achieve those objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Strong ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
- Strong knowledge of business operations, database structures, and reporting solutions to meet business needs.
- Strong ability to think abstractly beyond basic data requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.