Contracts Specialist (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Contracts Specialist for our Contracts department. The primary purpose of this position is to support the contract management department of the company. Note: The individual in this position is not intended to practice law or provide legal advice.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Assists in supporting Department and is accountable for all activities within assigned scope of authority. The specialist’s assigned scope of authority may focus on one or more lines of business (specialty network, fitness, and/or wellness and prevention). Prepares and manages standard form contracts, agreements and amendments including, but not limited to the following (if applicable to the assigned lines of business):
- Employer group agreements such as group contracts, group subscriber agreements and administrative/network agreements etc.
- Health Plan Agreements such as capitation and compensation service agreements, administrative/network agreements, delegation agreements, wellness and prevention agreements, etc.
- Provider, practitioner, or fitness facility agreements.
- New Products and other Agreements or Amendments as assigned.
- Acquires and maintains subject matter expertise with assigned clients in a constantly evolving contracts environment.
- With supervision, prepares revisions of various standard form contracts, agreements and amendments, including but not limited to, group agreements, health plan agreements, and member materials, as assigned by Director.
- With supervision, collaborates with the applicable line of business leadership team, committees (CCC and KPT), and other departments to develop negotiation parameters and strategies for use in the development of contracts to support existing and new products agreements and amendments. Modifies standard form agreements with revised standard options. Independently prepares non-standard modifications to reflect negotiated changes, within parameters approved by Director.
- With supervision, conducts agreement and amendment negotiations with clients, including conference calls.
- Works with Regulatory Compliance Department to: a) ensure regulatory requirements provided by the Regulatory Compliance Department are included in agreements executed in certain states; and b) provide contract information and support needed for compliance activities.
- With supervision, negotiates contracts, agreements and amendments with external clients as assigned by Director and within parameters approved by Director.
- Informs Director of urgent issues.
- Maintains Contracts and Agreements Library of executed agreements.
- Supports administrative functions of Department.
- Provides Director with periodic contract status updates regarding client assignments.
- Manages client timeframe expectations and escalates concerns regarding ability to meet client timeframe expectations.
- Assists with training of new employees.
- Interacts positively with other departments and external contacts as needed.
- Represents ASH in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
- Maintains all information and material received from employer, clients, and legal counsel during employment on a strictly confidential basis. The sharing of any information is strictly forbidden under any circumstances with any non-employee of the company.
- Maintains computer and system skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Assists with process management including but not limited to tracking and filing.
- Photocopies, files, and faxes as needed to support job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, History, Political Science, Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience. Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Legal degree preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in contract development and an emphasis in contract management.
- Internal ASH experience and in depth understanding of ASH systems, policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience with health insurance contracts, managed health care, and/or working with health plans and employer groups preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Health Care Regulations preferred.
- Excellent research skills.
- Strong analytical and expert writing skills.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.