EDI Software Engineer I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking an EDI Software Engineer I to join our Information Technology department. This position will develop and maintain software applications using latest Microsoft technologies, with minimal supervision.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity $40.00 to $55.00 Hourly Wage Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 50 Mbps upload speed).
- Software Application Development and Maintenance
- Application Development and Maintenance Development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Performs routine programming assignments under Manager’s supervision.
- Executes, monitors, and automates routine EDI jobs.
- Develops an understanding of assigned application and internal customer area, standards and techniques, and general business knowledge.
- Demonstrates understanding of departmental procedures, programming standards, and all pertinent training materials.
- Unit testing as applicable.
- Providing time estimates of assigned tasks and compare estimates to actual time spent in order to improve estimating accuracy.
- Recommends improvements in applications.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Mentor junior programmers.
- Properly refactor legacy components as needed.
- Communicate directly with product owner and end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or computer or technical related field or equivalent experience required. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience performing computer programming with experience in C#, Java, and Transact-SQL.
- Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with Microsoft SQL.
- Exceeds expectations of an associate programmer with demonstrated proficiency in coding.
- Experience with ETL operations in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using DTS or SSIS.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications.
- Experience with SFTP, SOAP, OAuth, and REST Web API preferred
- Experience with XML, XSLT, XPath, and JSON.
- Advanced-level Excel skills preferred
- Experience with ASC X12 5010 Standards in a healthcare environment (837 Professional, 835, 270/271, 276/277, 277CA, 278, 834, 999/TA1) is preferred.
- Experience with third-party EDI mapping and business process tools.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Problem solving, analytical, logic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Completing tasks in a fast-paced development cycle
- Familiarity with software development life cycles such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Ability to design and architect moderate complexity software and database components.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the
Ability to speak and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.