Product Owner II (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Product Owner II to join our CRU 801 department. This position will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond in order to create, groom and prioritize a team backlog.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Work with other departments and product teams to assess, initiate, refine and drive appropriate functional solutions.
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and break those down into user stories for your scrum team to develop.
- Be present in all scrum ceremonies as well as available to scrum team.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of groomed user stories ready for development.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Write clear and concise acceptance criteria for each user story.
- Plan and prioritize product backlog and development of the product.
- Identify, manage and prioritize cross team priorities.
- Contribute to final approval and acceptance testing.
- Effectively communicate the product strategy to key stakeholders and team members.
- Play an active role in mitigating non-technical impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Partner across different teams and departments as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Partner closely with engineering, user experience, customer experience strategy, and design teams to ensure quality and consistency of experience.
- Incorporate stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Present to internal stakeholders as the product expert with in-depth understanding of the business and product.
- Participate in inception workshops in cross functional group settings.
- Coordinate trouble shooting and analysis of issues from internal and external users and solutions all the way through resolution.
- Define and document business requirements, use cases, data flows, and research/process analysis for cross functional solutions.
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Familiar with behavioral driven development (BDD) concepts and the Gherkin language format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Product Owner or Business Analyst
- Advanced understanding of data exchange across teams and with clients.
- In-depth knowledge of agile process and principles.
- Creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories.
- Writing clear and concise acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to motivate and lead the scrum team to an appropriate solution and timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.