Sr Manager-Product Ownership (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr. Manager - Product Ownership to join our Consumer Technology – UXD (CRU) department. This position will work closely with stakeholders throughout the organization and will be responsible for guiding, mentoring, and facilitating the ongoing growth of a team of Product Owners. Your expertise will be instrumental ensuring alignment of customer and stakeholder needs and in optimizing the value delivered by the Product Owners. Ideal candidates are goal-oriented professionals with a passion for Agile Product Ownership, hands-on experience, and motivational leadership skills.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89,274.00 to $140,000.00 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Leads, mentors, and offers career guidance to a team of Product Owners, cultivating a collaborative and growth-focused environment that emphasizes hands-on learning:
- Impart expertise and hands-on experience as a Product Owner, highlighting the keys to success in the role and inspiring excellence within the team.
- Guide the team in standardizing a process for the creation and prioritization of product backlogs, ensuring they align with customer and stakeholder needs as well as strategic business objectives.
- Champion the adoption and ongoing enhancement of Product Ownership best practices within the organization, drawing upon your personal experience and insights.
- Provide guidance on effective cross-team dependency management, backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Facilitate communication and decision-making between Product Owners and stakeholders, ensuring prompt resolution of dependencies and impediments.
- Assess and evaluate the performance of Product Owners, pinpointing areas for improvement and implementing suitable solutions based on your practical experience and expertise.
- Play an active role in mitigating non-technical impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Partner across different teams and departments as needed to coordinate, PI planning, delivery plans, testing, training, and support.
- Partner closely with engineering, user experience, customer experience strategy, and design teams to ensure efficient and effective execution of product development processes.
- Support Product Owners to incorporate stakeholder input into product roadmap while advocating for them as they negotiate tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Participate in inception workshops in cross functional group settings.
- Coordinate trouble shooting and analysis of issues from internal and external users and solutions all the way through resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working as a Product Owner, and 2 years of management experience, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent certification is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of agile processes and principles.
- Ability to manage geographically dispersed team members.
- Proficient knowledge of Azure DevOps and other relevant product management tools and frameworks.
- Proven experience in coaching, mentoring, and managing teams, focusing on hands-on learning and development of Product Ownership skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and leadership skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to motivate and lead an individual or a team to an appropriate solution and timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.