Sr Cloud Engineer (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer to join our Information Technology Operations department. This position will provide hands on cloud engineering and architecture design working in a highly collaborative team to build and deliver cloud solutions as assigned by the Product Owner and team manager.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $112,500 to $153,600 Full-Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Cloud Architecture and Design:
- Play a pivotal role in the architectural design and roadmap of Azure-based solutions, ensuring they align with organizational goals and best practices.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure ASH cloud platform design unlocks promise of cloud benefits realization.
- Engage with development, engineering and operational teams early and often in cycles to ensure that newly released architectural patterns and decisions achieve delivery outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and enhance Azure environments, encompassing aspects like virtual networks, data storage, compute resources, and security.
- Design and maintain practices for IaC development and deployment.
- Design and continually improve integrated orchestration and automation solutions tailored to the Azure ecosystem.
- Work closely with software developers, infrastructure experts, network architects, and database administrators to address productivity challenges, enhance efficiency, and automate environment builds and application releases within Azure.
- Design, implement, and oversee monitoring solutions to guarantee Azure-hosted application reliability, performance and availability objectives are met.
- Ensure the adoption of cloud-native best practices and Azure architectural patterns to optimize resource utilization and scalability.
- Evaluate and recommend Azure services and components to meet specific project requirements.
- Stay updated with the latest Azure innovations and trends, integrating them into architectural designs to drive innovation.
- Cloud Operations Oversight and Governance:
- Function as the highest escalation level for Azure application environment issues.
- Provide SME-level guidance to operations on cloud services.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of Azure infrastructure, focusing on security, backup, disaster recovery, and high availability.
- Assist in cloud migration operations.
- Support the Enterprise Security and development teams in vulnerability testing processes and tools related to Azure.
- Collaborate with operational teams to ensure Azure cloud services meet performance and security objectives.
- Continuous Education
- Stay current on Azure and cloud technology trends by attending industry seminars, conferences, training classes, and reading industry journals.
- Continuously expand your knowledge of Azure services, best practices, and emerging trends to foster innovation and ensure you remain at the forefront of Azure architecture and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Azure cloud architecture and design.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification.
- Strong understanding of Azure cloud computing principles, best practices, and architecture patterns.
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant solutions on the Azure platform.
- Experience with developer enablement and platform engineering principles.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Proficiency in any Infrastructure as Code (IaC) or development experience with languages such as Python or Go.
- Experience with Azure private networking, specifically for PaaS services.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and tools for CI/CD (Azure DevOps, GitHub, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Azure networking, security, and governance.
- Familiarity with serverless computing, microservices architecture, and cloud-native application development.
- Experience in working collaboratively with cross-functional development, security, and DevOps teams on Azure-based projects.
- Experience with cost management and optimization strategies on cloud platforms.
- Any relevant industry-specific certifications (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA.)
- Ability to acquire and demonstrate a broad understanding of business concepts and processes, to ensure that technology designs and decisions align with business and technology goals/outcomes.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud products, services and solutions.
- Understanding of cloud architecture patterns, including microservices, serverless computing, and containerization.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices and a proven ability to work with comprehensive Information Security and Compliance departments.
- In-depth knowledge of Azure private networking concepts.
- Proficiency in DevOps tooling and practices for CI/CD pipelines.
- Deep knowledge in Infrastructure and Application Performance Monitoring that achieves scalability, ease of instrumentation and observability on cloud platforms.
- Strong architectural design skills to create scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant cloud solutions for new cloud workloads.
- Hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration in a production enterprise environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex Azure-related issues.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work with development teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business requirements into Azure cloud architecture designs.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive ongoing efforts to stay current on the latest Azure product, services, and feature roadmap to make informed recommendations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to changing technology landscapes.
- Capacity to provide guidance and mentorship to development teams on Azure best practices.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities for evaluating trade-offs in cloud design decisions.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of Azure architecture projects.
- Capability to prioritize tasks effectively and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to incorporate cost efficiency as a dynamic to designing and developing cloud solutions and architectural patterns.
- Strong documentation skills to create comprehensive architecture diagrams and technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak clearly, see, and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.