American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Director of EDI, (Electronic Data Interchange) to work with and supervise our geographically dispersed EDI engineering and test teams. We are looking for creative and analytical problem-solvers to join one of our growing Information Technology teams and help us continue to improve our products and processes so that our members and customers can reach their goals. As a company that heavily relies on cutting-edge IT operations to serve its members, ASH is seeking ambitious individuals with a strong team mentality and a genuine passion for software engineering. Join a company where programming design and quality is expected, appreciated, and nurtured.
· Direct and lead teams in developing, maintaining, and testing of EDI solutions.
· Own the design, development and deployment of EDI tools and applications to facilitate electronic exchange of transactional data between Trading Partners by adhering to standard formats for transmitting electronic transactions such as claims/encounters, eligibility and benefits, and utilization transactions.
· Own, develop, and maintain the enterprise IBM Sterling application portfolio.
· Ensures production schedules are followed and products meet specifications and quality requirements. Ensure integrated test plans are developed and designed for each interface or implementation.
· Work closely with business owners, software engineering leadership and other partners to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions that enhance customer experiences.
· Drive re-engineering of EDI services, where appropriate, to ensure alignment with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic initiatives.
· Collaborate with other IT groups to define results with quality assurance, program logic, and other technical development.
· Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
· Develop and manage departmental budgets and staffing plans.
· Oversee project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge bases; analyze lessons learned via retrospectives, and share finding with other teams as necessary.
· Identify opportunities to specifically increase business efficiency through EDI.
· Staff development, training and team building.
· Direct managers, team leads, and other direct reports including decision making on recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and team building.
· Support development and implementation of IT policies and procedures.
· Participate in building business requirements, project planning, organizing, staffing, and allocation of resources.
· Build team skills and generate spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical program.
· 5-10 years of progressive experience performing application development and QA experience with a focus on EDI development.
· 2-5 years of managing software development projects.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with ANSI ASC X12 5010 Standards in a healthcare environment (270/271, 276/277, 277CA, 278, 834,835,837P).
· Demonstrated experience with large, highly complex projects.
· IBM Sterling B2B Integrator experience including business process development and administration.
· Sterling File Gateway trading partner management and configuration.
· Data transformation experience with WTX and Sterling Map Editor.
· Process oriented focused on standardization, streamlining, and implementation of best practices.
· Experience with relational database design, writing queries and stored procedures with Microsoft SQL.
· Experience with ETL operations in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using DTS or SSIS.
· Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Development within large enterprise level applications.
· Experience with FTP, SFTP SOAP, WSDL, XML.
· Experience implementing Web Services (SOAP based API service with XML response) and Microsoft framework REST Web API (JASON or XML response).
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications.
· Knowledge of business operations, database structures, transactional data processing and reporting solutions to meet business needs.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc). When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.