Seasonal Training Specialist (Remote)
American Specialty Health is seeking a Training Specialist to join our Customer Service Fitness department. This position will provide training, identify training needs, develop staff and strategize to meet the training and development needs within the Call Center.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $45,000 to $63,500 Full-Time Annual Salary Range
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Provide training, identify training needs, and develop training programs.
- Train new and existing Customer Service Fitness agents.
- Maintain training courses as needed within the Customer Service Fitness department.
- Identifying the developmental needs of staff and coaching, mentoring, and otherwise supporting others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensuring all training materials are up-to-date and current according to documented procedures.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of departmental procedure manuals and resources.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to solve problems and choose the best solution.
- Provide ongoing training for Customer Service Fitness staff in such areas as customer service skills, handling difficult callers as well as specific benefit plan topics.
- Identify, document, address, and communicate any personnel/performance issues that arise during training.
- Evaluate each new Customer Service Fitness agent regarding performance and work habits to assess strengths and areas needing improvement.
- Ensure each Customer Service Fitness agent is adequately prepared to meet established key job accountabilities.
- Meet individually with trainees to review progress.
- Track all training within the department.
- Handle supervisor calls for agents in training, responding to telephone inquiries from members, health plans, and fitness centers regarding all aspects of their participation in ASH Fitness programs. Attend meetings as defined.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of progressive experience performing customer service duties.
- Minimum of 1 year as an ASH Customer Service Associate in Fitness Customer Service preferred.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office Suite applications, SharePoint, and data entry.
- Must have demonstrated a thorough understanding of ASH policies and procedures.
- Must meet or exceed all Customer Service Agent job accountabilities.
- Must demonstrate leadership characteristics.
- Minimum of 3 years prior training experience preferred.
- Prior supervision/leadership experience preferred.
- Experience training in a virtual environment using Teams/WebEx or similar applications.
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design preferred.
- Experience with Articulate 360 and Rise.com preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information with small and large groups.
- Thorough knowledge of all software programs utilized by ASH Customer Service Fitness agents.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Standing and sedentary, able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.