Accountant, Revenue & Receivables (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking an experienced Revenue and Receivables Accountant to join our Finance team. The primary purpose of this position is to record revenue, process cash receipts and perform reconciliations of revenue and cash payments for all lines of business.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Revenue recognition, posting cash receipts to open invoices, reconciliation of revenue and cash payments, and revenue analysis.
- Prepares accurate and timely customer billing, if required by the contract.
- Reviews and verifies reconciliation of revenue and payment by performing data analysis, including rates and eligible membership, and communicating underpayment and overpayment issues with Client Services, Program Solutions, EDI and CAP teams for research and solution.
- Queries and/or analyzes system data against financial records on a routine basis to ensure data integrity.
- Assists in recognizing unique and problem situations within areas of assigned responsibility. Researches and formulates solutions and presents to management.
- Prepares journal entries related to revenue and receivables.
- Supports closing Revenue and Accounts Receivable on a timely basis.
- Reviews and reconciles A/R aging to General Ledger and provides analysis for the close of A/R module on a monthly basis.
- Properly loads revenue from operational system/database into the financial system for monthly revenue recognition.
- Posts cash receipts to open invoices in the financial system.
- Maintains annual cash receipts files for all health plans and archives files on an annual basis.
- Supports Manager - A/R and Director in annual audit preparation.
- Applies principles of accounting and maintains the financial records in a manner consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Adheres to corporate policy with respect to HIPAA and PHI.
- Responsible for meeting departmental goals and performance standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare required.
- Minimum two years of revenue accounting experience.
- Proficient in MS Office with knowledge of Word, Excel and other Windows based applications.
- Experience in managed health care preferred.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, professional and respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $48,000 to $68,000 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.