Business Intelligence Analyst, Team Lead
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst Team Lead to join our Information Management department. This position will be responsible for assisting with daily oversight and guidance of the other BIAs in their daily work to develop, implement, and support reporting, analytics and business intelligence solutions that meet the information needs of the organization and its clients. The Team Lead will provide reporting support as well as assist in requirements gathering from business owners. The Lead will proactively communicate status of reporting work with business owners and provide problem solving support for BIAs.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Healths events on our events page.
- Manages assigned projects and supports activities of team. Ensures prompt completion of specific deliverables across the team. Ensures accuracy and productivity in project completion and works cooperatively with all internal and external contacts. Analyzes, evaluates and documents data requests of business stakeholders to understand and prioritize requests appropriately.
- Support client telephone calls to identify technical needs of reports and establish working relationships with client technical teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with client services managers to meet client information objectives.
- Apply critical thinking skills when interacting directly with the report requestor and assessing criteria.
- Translates user non-technical requirements to existing data sources.
- Develop and maintain custom reports using T-SQL and Reporting Services as well as standard Microsoft tools such as Excel.
- Develop stored procedures and views to support custom reporting.
- Tracks assigned report requests, determines resource needs for requests and works with Management to prioritize.
- Analyzes and documents business requirements in the form of specifications (operational and technical specifications) and obtains necessary input and approval.
- Develops methods to efficiently share or surface reports including web based tools and standard report based transmissions.
- Produce data in format appropriate to request such as common delimited, CSV format, etc.
- Work with EDI team to post files to internal and external FTP sites.
- Maintains a solid working knowledge of business intelligence tools, follows and enforces best practices, and shares new tools/information with team as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain reporting solutions to support clients and for decision support purposes.
- Consolidate reports from multiple solutions to standard reporting toolset.
- Develops automated and scalable data collection and reporting processes.
- Identifies and evaluates recurring database issues, researches trends, and implements solutions.
- Ability to analyze internal team processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement solution.
- Manages projects under assigned area of responsibility and provides feedback to Sr. Manager.
- Coordinates agendas for, facilitates and ensures accurate and timely documentation is maintained for daily standups.
- Works collaboratively with Sr. Manager to recommend ticket/workload reassignment, solutions to team challenges, and positive feedback within team.
- May serve on committees, workgroups, and project teams as needed.
- Provides Sr. Manager with progress updates as requested.
- Coordinates workflow of department ensuring that productivity, quality, and timeliness standards are met.
- Provides constructive feedback as required.
- Interviews and recommends the hiring of new staff members as required.
- Supports department functions as they interface with other departments to ensure efficient and effective teamwork within the organization as defined by management.
- Serve as a reporting expert for the team and the organization, which may include: developing report requests and interpreting data.
- Generates and conducts quality review on ad-hoc and scheduled reports.
- Provides timely responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Conduct training for team members and end-users when needed.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business, or other related quantitative field required.
- Minimum of 6 years experience of SQL report writing with advanced T-SQL skill set or comparable.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive work experience developing reports and advanced work experience with reporting tools such as SSRS or comparable.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience with SSIS or comparable.
- Advanced understanding of relational database architecture and business intelligence.
- Experience with ad-hoc and custom reporting requests.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in a managed health care setting preferred.
- Experience with ASH processes and systems a plus.
- Experience with agile development/SCRUM a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior level staff to determine business goals and objectives and develop plans to achieve those objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Proven ability to define, develop and lead processes.
- Demonstrated positive and proactive approach to change management and peer leadership.
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications; effectively problem solves with team members.
- Uses good judgement and critical thinking to act with appropriate level of urgency for all tasks; maintains composure in a high pressure environment.
- Highly proficient knowledge of ASH business operations, database structures, and reporting solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to think abstractly and creatively beyond basic data requirement.
- Ability to consolidate reports from multiple solutions to standard reporting toolset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the facility.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Within facility, normal office conditions, including lighting and ventilation. Minor noise from conversations and general office equipment (telephone, printer, etc.) When required to travel outside the facility, usual weather, traffic, and related conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Companys legal duty to furnish information.