Director, Human Resources (IN)
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Director, Human Resources to oversee our Human Resources department. This position will direct the human resources operations in the Carmel, Indiana office and oversee the local HR team and the HRIS team. This position will work directly with the Vice President, Human Resources to hire, train and retain the best employees possible. Oversight includes creating and maintaining a harmonious work environment for employees and ensuring all company policies and procedures are being followed. The Director will provide back up to the Vice President, Human Resources related to routine tasks, impromptu projects and key HR initiatives.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Oversees all areas of Human Resources at the Carmel, Indiana office and leads the HRIS team at all locations.
· Ensures compliance of all Human Resources practices, policies and procedures.
· Works with Sr. Employee Relations Manager on personnel matters and employee programs.
· Guides management and employees on personnel matters.
· Provides coaching to management on personnel issues, interpreting policy and understanding labor law.
· Recommends courses of action on individual employee matters including performance and disciplinary action concerns.
· Assists with company representation to outside government regulators relating to employee complaints.
· Communicates as needed with company’s legal department.
· Ensures HR engagement in on-site workgroups, such as Community Services Committee, Social Activities Committee, Wellness Team, Floor Response Team, and Toastmasters.
· Ensures compliance with the performance evaluation process.
· Works with the Talent Acquisition Manager on the recruitment process: staffing requests, ads, interviews, reference checks, salary determination, drug screening, job offer and negotiations, internal transfers and promotions.
· Oversee the temporary staffing process for the Carmel, IN office.
· Works with Sr. Program Manager, HR Compliance on leave of absence, ergonomics, and workplace injuries at the Carmel, Indiana office.
· Works with Sr. Benefits Manager on benefits fairs and events at the Carmel, Indiana office.
· Directly supervises the HRIS team at all locations.
· Leads the HRIS team on efficiencies and projects.
· Responsible for HRIS Key Initiative implementations.
· Works with Training & Development Manager on ASH University preparation and set up.
· Prepares routine performance results reports including quarterly Board of Director and All Staff slides.
· Ensures administrative functions are completed on time and efficiencies are routinely monitored.
· Participates as a member of the Incident Response Team and leads emergency efforts for the Carmel, Indiana office.
· Participates as a member of ASH’s Privacy and Security KPT and Building Oversight Workgroup.
· Assists and provides back up to the Vice President, Human Resources on tasks, projects and key initiatives.
· Supervises a staff of employees engaged in the above functions providing work direction; performance reviews; salary and promotion recommendations; hiring; termination and supports staff in the accomplishment of assigned objectives; projects and goals.
· Participates in a variety of general managerial responsibilities such as (but not limited to): serving on work groups; performing special projects, assignments and reports; preparing communication and attending seminars.
· Evaluates department needs and results, makes recommendations.
· Develops spirit of cooperation and understanding among staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational development, communication, or other related field required.
· Certificate in Human Resources Preferred.
· Over ten years of progressive experience in Human Resources of which 5 years have been in management.
· Broad knowledge and experience in recruitment, compensation, training and development, employee relations, benefits, HRIS, environmental health and safety, and employment law.
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.