Contracts Coordinator (Hybrid Remote)
American Specialty Health is seeking a Coordinator-Contracts to work with our Legal and Contracts department. This position will support the contract management department of the Company. Note: The individual in this position is not intended to practice law or provide legal advice.
Hourly Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $16.40 to $21.50 Hourly Wage Range
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Assists in supporting the department and is accountable for all activities within assigned scope of authority. The Coordinator’s assigned scope of duties may focus on one or more lines of business and primarily includes, but is not limited to, the following, with supervision:
- Manages the agreement signature process and the timely signature of agreements including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring all applicable processes are followed.
- Ensuring Cover Memos are created, and content is accurate.
- Ensuring agreement is complete and complies with all applicable processes prior to submitting for signature (e.g., agreement is not missing pages, agreement has appropriate footer per process).
- Tracking agreements in the signature process (e.g., when agreement was sent for signature, to whom it was sent, and when it was returned and forwarded to the Contracts Lead).
- Following up as needed with the signatory or their assistant.
- Assists with following up with appropriate individuals to obtain fully executed agreements.
- Assists with ensuring fully executed agreements are loaded into the Contracts database and the Contracts Lead updates the database.
- Coordinates the preparation and management of standard template and non-standard form contracts, agreements, amendments and similar documents and revisions as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Employer agreements and related documents for new and existing business employer group contracts, group subscriber agreements, administrative/network agreements, etc.
- Health plan agreements and related documents for new and existing business capitation and compensation service agreements, new administrative/network agreements, etc.
- New product and program agreements and related documents.
- Agreements, amendments, and related documents for Health Management.
- Provider, practitioner, or fitness facility agreements and related documents.
- Vendor agreements and related documents.
- NDAs, LOIs, MOUs,
- Agreements related to internal operations, e.g., intercompany agreements.
- May prepare standard form contract (e.g., client or vendor agreement) from template.
- Coordinates routine (e.g., annual) template and language reviews.
- Ensures approved templates and approved language are loaded into the Department’s contract management system.
- Assists with formatting agreements and other documents.
- Acquires and maintains appropriate documentation regarding current and terminated clients in a constantly evolving contracts environment.
- Assists with audits, e.g., creating crosswalks.
- Assist with supporting RFPs and RFAs.
- Assists Department with committee agenda submissions, action item tracking and resolution, and other committee-related deliverables.
- Works with Contracts and Regulatory Compliance Department with regards to regulated agreements; for example, a) preparing and providing agreements for regulatory filings, and b) providing contract information and support needed for compliance activities.
- Attends meetings and takes notes in support of the Department.
- Assists Department with the review and maintenance of Department procedures, processes, and policies.
- Assists Department with the review, maintenance and updating of the Department FLASH page.
- Assists Department with creation, review, and maintenance of training documents.
- Provides management with periodic contract status updates as directed.
- Schedules meetings as directed.
- Supports administrative functions of department under supervision:
- Runs and reviews database reports and queries and helps identify and carry out next steps such as following up with internal individuals and auditing data accuracy as assigned.
- Assists Department with maintaining the database of executed agreements and ensuring integrity of the database through routine auditing.
- Assists Department with coordinating, maintaining, and ensuring the reliability and validity of contract tools (grids, databases, etc.) used to track agreements and status, and pulling reports and creating dashboards from these tools.
- Drafts correspondence for internal and external clients.
- May proofread agreements for changes made by clients/vendors that were returned without redlines
- Timely informs appropriate Department manager of urgent issues.
- Provides management with periodic contract status updates.
- Helps to manage client timeframe expectations and escalates concerns regarding ability to meet client timeframe expectations.
- Assists with training of new employees.
- Interacts positively and respectfully with other departments, committees, key process teams, and other internal customers and external contacts as assigned.
- Represents Company in an ethical, professional, and positive manner.
- Maintains all information and material received from employer, clients, vendors, and legal counsel during employment on a strictly confidential basis. The sharing of any information is forbidden under any circumstances with any non-employee of the Company.
- Maintains and learns computer and system skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Assists with process management including but not limited to tracking and filing.
- Photocopies, files, and faxes as needed to support job responsibilities.
- Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree, Paralegal certificate, or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word required; Excel, OneNote, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Teams preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and research assigned issues.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to issue spot and analyze information, problem solve, and to assist with identifying and developing effective solutions and associated processes and procedures preferred.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, re-prioritize, and manage time.
- Ability to accomplish/complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all areas involved, no matter how small, including monitoring and checking work or information, while organizing time and resources efficiently (attention to detail).
- Demonstrated ability to follow up with internal customers as needed on assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.