Corporate Finance Assistant
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an Administrator, Corporate Affairs to join our Finance department. This position will assist in the organization and processing of the Company’s Insurance needs (including vendor management), corporate registrations and licensing, corporate regulatory matters, and special projects in the Finance Dept., interacting with executive and senior management, and various departments throughout the company and governmental agencies, making appropriate independent decisions and communications as necessary.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Assists with coordination, administration, oversight, completion and/or execution of duties related to ASH Insurance Management.
· Responsible for coordinating and collaborating with other departments on contractual insurance provisions.
· Assists with coordinating the company’s annual insurance renewal application processes.
· Participates in collaborating with inter and intra-company staff regarding Certificates of Insurance needs and documenting the tracking of vendor management information related to insurance requirements for ASH’s corporate clients and vendors.
· Assists in maintenance of records of ASH insurance-related policies and procedures, insurance guidelines and other insurance-related policies and procedures as needed.
· Assists in oversight of insurance-related claims reporting and record-keeping, reconciling insurance carrier audits to ASH finance records and collaborating with litigation staff or other internal staff, as necessary.
· Assists with coordinating issuance of surety bonds, fidelity bonds, and other insurance related bonds, required by client agreements and/or statutory mandates.
· Coordinates and manages distribution of information related to Workers Compensation quarterly and annual loss/run reports, as they relate to ASH’s Finance Department.
· Oversees record maintenance of ASH’s drivers list and ASH owned vehicle titles.
· Coordinates maintenance of Car Rental Guidelines and collaborates with insurance broker regarding claims associated with ASH staff reported car rental incidents.
· Assists with completion and/or execution of Corporate Records and Entity Management processes.
· Responsible for online filings and administrations of entity management and related corporate compliance filings (annual reports, franchise tax filings, and misc. registrations as required), including establishing corporate registrations (e.g., new state registrations as required), certificates of authority with state, local and federal regulators as required.
· Assists in the management and security of corporate documents (articles of incorporation, stock ownership and shares distribution, and bylaws) and the Company’s corporate seals.
· Supports tasks related to the relationship with company’s Registered Agent as it relates to: Entity management, coordinating the Company’s Service of Process (SOP) process, receipt of physical and electronic documents, using the Company’s Registered Agent portal, records and filing calendar maintenance.
· Assists with coordinating and maintaining the State Filing Matrix (tracking of all State filings), requiring collaboration with ASH legal counsel regarding issues of qualification.
· Assists with filing various governmental agency surveys (i.e., US Census Bureau, Annual Services Report, etc.) disseminating corporate information as required by law.
· Assists with completing various state governmental tax questionnaires (e.g., establishing nexus), disseminating corporate information as required by law.
· Maintains records regarding outside reporting agency reports and data as they relate to corporate financial rating analysis and status (e.g., Dun & Bradstreet).
· Assists with the administration, coordination, and completion and/or execution of Finance Dept. routine and special projects, as assigned.
· Completes special projects assigned (i.e., unclaimed property project, special audits, etc.) including gathering data, creating methods of input and formulas, data entry, and manipulation of data in order to produce accurate reports, summary binders, and detailed reports including assisting with the creation of methods, procedures, and forms for management of same.
· Completes routine projects, including creating and documenting departmental policies and company-wide procedures to accomplish established goals, collaborating with other company departments regarding the performance of Finance Department functions such as Finance Dept. Records Retention policies (physical & electronic); Tax ID number discrepancy notices from the Internal Revenue Service, Treasury Dept., Tax Levy Notices from the Internal Revenue Service, Treasury Dept. and other taxing agencies and State registration of payroll-related functions (state income tax withholding and state unemployment insurance).
· Responsible for Coordination of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s) received and distribution of the Company’s financial statements as overseen by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a legal or corporate environment, preferably with an insurance background.
· Ability to coordinate and create detailed and complex insurance, legal and/or corporate documents, policies and procedures.
· Proficient in MS Office with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel.
· Experience with word processing, developing and maintaining spreadsheets, creating and editing forms, and maintaining physical and electronic filing systems.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.