Content Designer I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Content Designer I to join our CRU department. This position is looking for a passionate and creative individual looking to contribute their skills to the UX Content Team.?The Content Designer will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience through well-crafted and user-focused content. As a UX Content Designer I, you will collaborate across design, development, and strategic teams to support high-quality digital experiences that drive the Product and Content Strategies towards their north star.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $104,000.00 to $110,000.00 Full-Time Annual Salary Range.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Collaborate with strategists, stakeholders, designers, and developers to define the design challenge and content requirements and articulate a content design strategy that seamlessly integrates content and UX design for an elevated user experience.
- Lead content research and usability studies, producing remarkable insights and transformational business recommendations, and presenting them to scrum teams and internal stakeholders with clarity.
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand what drives their business and reach a shared vision of how to solve their problems while advocating for the content strategy and the end user.
- Understand the high-level product content strategy and design creative solutions to drive the strategy forward.
- Design content in accordance with guidelines and best practices: media, sizing/re-sizing, curation, accessibility, and microcopy.
- Lead UX Content in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including information architecture, product ideation and definition, research, design, and management.
- Collaborate with developers in a SCRUM environment on a day-to-day basis while balancing content strategy team responsibilities.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness of content development and production methods.
- Constantly develop yourself and your teammates and contribute to the movement of a data-informed company.
- Stay up to date with content trends, best practices, and new technologies.
- Always champion content by advocating for quality within the organization.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Drive the creation and proper application of content strategy.
- Balance an understanding of context in which content is created (sourcing, business goals, workflow) with an understanding of the context in which it is read and used (user needs, delivery channels).??
- Manage minor design and content updates across sites.
- Liasson for editorial, marketing, and development teams for CMS content transfer.
- Bachelor's degree in either design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), English (e.g., content, journalism, communication) or a related field. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- UX Writing certification required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience required.
- Experience in concept ideation, design and content strategy, prototyping and crafting over-arching digital UX.
- Proficiency in UX design and prototyping tools (Figma, Axure, etc.)
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web based UX and responsible design, with a growing knowledge of usability principles, accessibility, and inclusive design.
- Experience within an agile development environment.
- Proficiency in Content Management platform(s) preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to craft user-centered content.
- Ability to communicate processes, ideas, rationale, and solutions clearly and effectively to teams and stakeholders.
- A natural storyteller with excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, user-centric mindset able to deconstruct complex issues.
- Experience with receiving and implementing feedback and constructive criticism.
- Familiar with tight deadlines, changing priorities, and multidisciplinary challenges.
- Focused on research and data-driven recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.